Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The election is over!!!

This election was said by many to be a "crossroads of great consequence."  I am sadden by the outcome, but not surprised.  I don't dislike Obama.  I try to respect his viewpoint.  I am proud to say I voted for Mitt Romney.   I am not prejudice.  I didn't vote for Mitt because he was Mormon, that would be very prejudice IMHO. 
I voted for him because he stood for what I believe.  I was affirming what I wanted  America to be.  And yes, I was passing judgment on Obama because of how he handled some of the critical issues that concern our day.  
I am saddened today. Some of the quotes  below helped  me get out of my slump. 

The Future is as BRIGHT as our Faith...Pres. Thomas S. Monson
We must keep our faith & do our part! Let us focus on the blessings & miracles all around us. There is so much we can do & we truly need to find the 'joy' in every moment & every day!
The 1st Presidency of the LDS church said, "We congratulate President Obama on winning a second term as President of the United States.

After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans to come together. It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times. May our national leaders reflect the best in wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the American people." GREAT ADVICE I will heed their counsel..."
 A friend of mine said, after the election, "I feel that HIS will cannot and will not be thwarted by anything done by man. We can have faith in that. We can strengthen ourselves, we can and MUST strengthen our families, and we can continue to work to strengthen our communities. None of that has changed. We will do HIS will and that will triumph.
 
 Okay, The President was re-elected. The choice has been made. Now as a United States citizen, you are bound to be loyal to the laws of your country. Victory is only one minute, and so is defeat. Now it's time to get to work! Congrats to those of you who supported the President. And those of us who didn't, it's time for some grace in defeat and to be examples of what we believe without belligerence or sour grapes! Plus, it will be nice just to be friends again! *smile!

It appears President Obama will have four more years. I will support him in every positive pursuit he undertakes. I hope he will do a good job. If our nation's morals and values erode, God help us. If we abandon our friends abroad, God help us. If we debt ourselves into slavery, God help us. If we abandon our constitution, our nation's inspired charter, God help us. I hope and pray that in the next four years, our nation will not ignore the ugly problems we face, but will work together to solve them. God help us, and our children, and our children's children if we don't.
 “I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them, 1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy: 2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against: And, 3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.” -- John Wesley, October 6, 1774

Presidents can make changes for good or for bad, but WE are the ones who can make the biggest difference for people in our own communities. Volunteer for good causes, help people you see all around you who are suffering, contribute to charities you support, write to your local politicians so they can understand your views, give of your time and means to make your town or city a better place and most of all? Love thy neighbor as thyself, whether they agree with you or not. - Karen Chapman Williams
Now on to my gratitude post!!! :) 

No comments: