Friday, November 9, 2012

Gratitude for my Mom and Dad!!!

Gratitude Day 9
I love my mom and dad  so much.  And I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I will be able to be reunited with them both someday.  This makes my heart happy.  

The longer I am a parent, the more gratitude I have for mine.

My  mom loved  people.  One of her greatest talents was her ability to love others and treat them with kindness.   I am grateful for the 16 years I was able to be mothered by her. 

When I was a young girl I use to always be wherever she was.  If she was making dinner, I was making dinner.  If she was folding laundry I was folding laundry on her lap.  And the thing I remember, is that she would let me help her.  I know I must have slowed her down,  I realize now her focus wasn't on folding the laundry or making the dinner, but her ultimate focus was on mothering her children. 


My mom was a very forgiving person.  I can never remember her getting upset at me for long.  If I did something that upset her, she would always look at me or another sibling, and say, "Oh how could you?"  I hated disappointing my mom.   She also would always come and ask for our forgiveness if she thought she didn't handle a situation correctly.  Because of the way I was mothered, I try extra hard to never (or rarely yell),  to be a little more patient, and to love how I would want to be loved.  And I try to tell my family each and every day that I love them.

 I love you mom and I try to live the kind of life that will take me where you are.


I am grateful for my Dad....
  He had a sense of humor that was so silly.    He was a hard worker.  I admire his decision to go back to law school with a young family.   That must have been hard for both my mom and dad. 
 
My dad taught me to love learning.   He always carried several books and he never had a problem  paying for any book I wanted. 

My dad loved to cook.  I must admit he was a much better cook than my mom.  My dad was very knowledgeable.  He was a deep thinker and he loved to discuss any current event that was happening.  I have great memories of learning the gospel,  math, and pretty much every other subject from him.

One of the most important lessons my dad taught me was by his example of how he loved my mom.   He always made sure we treated her with deep respect.  
  
My dad taught me through  some experiences with him how to forgive when you have been hurt.  I learned through my experience with him,  that it is okay to be angry, but that it is better, at least for our  heart, to forgive quickly and completely.  
I am grateful for the 21 years I was able to have you on this earth.  I love you and I will see you again someday!!!

No comments: