Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gratitude Post 14

I am so grateful for our  homeMy home is my favorite places to be.  When I am home I feel the most loved, most comfortable, most at ease and it is where I feel the most like myself.  
 Home is the place where I have so many happy memories. The joy of doing the simple daily tasks, special occasions or just remembering the cocoon-like contentment of sleeping snuggled under a heavy blanket in the winter.  These are the memories that I have tied to home. 
 When I was a teenager we had a house fire.  It took almost eight months before we could move back into our home.   I really missed our house when we lived in temporary housing, but I realized then and now, that the reason I love my home is because of the people who share it with me. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the word grateful, I always use thank you and it often goes unnoticed. 8 months was anything lost. That's a long time.