Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yummy, yummy cake!!

Below are pictures from our two recent family birthdays!!! For Kara's family dinner it was really simply.  We had a pasta bar and included different kinds of pasta and different kinds of meat and sauces.  It was yummy.  And as you can see above I didn't care about the dishes they were served in. 



I tried to take a picture of everyone in our family that day.  Some people tried to give me a very silly look.  I certainly have some spunky kids.











For Kara's friend party we got a Costco cake and we had so much left over that I didn't even make another cake.  Sorry Kara!!!   I went to church that morning and I hadn't been there more than ten minutes  and I went home because I felt like I was going to throw up. Well, I did, but I am positive it was just nerves, thank goodness, but because of that, the family birthday celebration was just a tad bit low key.

 On Saturday we celebrated Coby's birthday.  On his actual birthday his dad took him out to lunch.  Because I just started a new job, I couldn't go,  so sadly we waited until the next day to celebrate as Coby has plans on his birthday evening. 
 For dinner we had some Greek stuffed grape leaves.  It was pretty yummy.  Here is the recipe I followed, but Coby said he has an even better recipe.  http://greekfood.about.com/od/appetizerssalads/r/leavesmeatrice.htm  I also made some Thai Coconut Chicken Curry.   I combined a bunch of recipes to make this dish and I LOVED it!!! 
 If you notice we recycle gift bags for all the birthdays.



 Happy Birthday Coby!!!!!


 For Coby's cake he wanted me to try a new one.  Here is the recipe: http://thesugarqueenbakes.blogspot.com/2010/05/triple-decker-strawberry-cake.html  It is a really moist cake.  All of my kids claim it was the best cake I have ever made, but I wasn't sure if they were just kidding.  But because it had strawberries in the actual cake it was hard to get out of the pan. Luckily Ann came to the recipe and got all three cakes out and then she frosted and decorated it too!!!  Thank you so much Ann!!


No comments: