Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sweet 16 party!

 On Kara's sweet 16 birthday I brought lunch to her at school and brought a few birthday pins she could wear.
 After school two of her young women leaders brought over this cute container with a bunch of yummy, fun, treats in it.
 Three  of her friends came over and decorated her room while we were gone.  She was surprised!


 Matt and I took her out to dinner.  She chose Olive Garden. It was yummy!




 Afterwards she opened one of her presents.  She wanted some decorative scarves and above she models it!

 I hung up a big sign in front of our home.
 And made a sign.
My friend Kelly made the cute birthday invitations for me that are above.
Kara in front of all the food before the party started. Her friend Tianna came and helped us set up her party! My friend Ann let me borrow some of her glass dish container and the big balls on the table.




I made 90 cake balls for her birthday party.  They are really cute, but are a lot of work to make and then dip etc. 





                         Drinks were in the kitchen along with make a wish for Kara
 In the basement we we had a poster board where others could sign a message to Kara.



 The party was a lot of fun.  There were around 30 people here and they all seemed to have a good time.  They played some fun games,   After the games some kids were in the living room singing and playing the piano, some were in the kitchen singing, and then other were in the basement playing video games or visiting.


 Kara has a lot of fun, good friends.  They are all so sweet and gracious!








 Singing Happy Birthday to Kara!








 Afterwards Kara and her cousin Mikayla opened up some of her friends birthday gifts.  Mikayla spent the night.  She is such a sweet girl!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love reading your blog - you make having teenagers look and sound so awesome! I hope I can be as awesome of a mother to teenagers as you are! (I still have a few years to get ready...)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny, you are always so sweet! I have actually loved having teenagers. I certainly have been blessed. :)