Thursday, March 7, 2013

A quarter of a Century----COBY!!

3/8/88---25 years ago Coby came and made me a mom!!!!  Because of that little fact, part of me wanted to do an "ugly cry" in the corner.  I mean he has gone from this::
to this: (below) while I blinked, at least it seems like that in my eyes.

But another part of me feels like my heart will melt into a little puddle as I ponder the amazing man he has become.  Below are 25 things I love about Coby!

1.  Coby has a very mellow, easy going personality.
2.  I love Coby's thirst for knowledge.
3.  I admire how Coby works so hard at whatever he sets his mind too.

4.  I adore what a dedicated person he is in whatever he is pursuing.  He will often study until midnight at the library and will do upwards of 10 hours of homework a day, to get AWESOME grades.
5.  He is very passionate about what he believes in.  He spends so much time as the president of Amnesty international for BYU.   Last week we went to hear one of his presenters and he had spent countless hours putting up signs all around the valley and getting the venue, among other things.

6.  He is very supportive.  He totally supported his girlfriend when she decided to go on a mission.
7.  He is an excellent cook and makes a lot of international dishes, that are superb.
8.  I love how wise Coby is.  He knows a lot of about things I don't have a clue about and is very patient answering all of my questions or anyones.
 Above Coby at 4 years old.  That summer I put a little "Sun in" in his hair, and WOW!!!

9. Coby doesn't have any kind of temper.  He is very even tempered, even when it is crazy!!!
10. He is very thankful and grateful for what others do for him.
11. He tries really hard at everything.  Even things that don't come easy to him, he works his darnest.
12.  He is a great eldest cousin (he is on my side of the family) When the cousins come over he is always playing with them and they all have a BLAST!!!
13.  Coby is great at organizing activities with friends from high school, mission, and college.  He is the planner and often if he didn't plan activities, I don't know if many would still get together.
 Above when Coby was 5 years. old.

14. Coby is an excellent listener.  He really thinks before he speaks after listening.
15 I love what a deep thinker Coby is.  He really ponders things and because of that I love to discuss things with him.
16. Coby is very level headed.  He can talk to people who totally don't see his point of view and they might never know, because he knows when to speak and when to be quiet.  I am so bad at this, that it makes me appreciate it even more in him.
Coby at the beginning of 2nd grade

17. Coby can get a lot done.  He accomplishes more in a day than some people accomplish in a week.
18. Coby is excellent with children.  He knows how to have fun and be a kid himself. He is a great example for his younger siblings.
19. I love how Coby can be very calm when he has so many deadlines and stresses.  This is truly a great gift.
                               Above Coby's baptism day!

20.  I love how he studies the scriptures daily.
21.  I love that he has set a goal to go to the temple every week. This is crazy while working part time, being president of an organization and being a full time student.
Coby above in 3rd grade

22. I love how adventurous he is.  He knows so much about the world and he has traveled all over the world with out fear.  Very cool!
23.  I love hard work he does to be able to learn different languages. I think this is a talent of his too. I won't even mention how many languages he knows, trust me, you would be blown away.

Above Coby in 9th and 10th grade.  His favorite color was/is blue, can you tell?

24.  I love how humble Coby is.  He isn't one to be boastful or talk about his achievements, but I sure want to be as his mom.
Above, Coby before Homecoming.  Coby getting his Eagle Scout award, Coby on his 18th birthday and Coby on the day of his graduation!
 Above Coby moving into his 1st apartment at BYU.  Coby at Christmas of 2006,  Coby's 19th birthday and then Coby holding his mission papers ready to open them up, to see he was going to the Germany/Munich/Austria mission!

Above our last family vacation before Coby's mission at Disney world.  Coby's first day at the MTC and Coby's pre-missionary pictures.
 Coby while serving his mission and on his 21st birthday!




The several pictures above are when Coby and I went back to Austria to tour his mission during the Summer of 2010.
 Coby on his 24th birthday   He loves ice cream cakes!!!



25.  I love what Coby stands for-----GOODNESS!  I love being your mom.  I know you will continue to do great things in your life!!!!  You are such a blessing to our family!!!! Happy 25th Birthday Coby!!!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks exactly the same as a young boy as he does now. U can't have a son that old. You look amazing and 12 pounds. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Thanks Makinzee!! It has taken me twice as long to lose this weight as it use to. Way too slow. He does look the same; you're so right.