Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I'd Kiss the Ground you Walk on- Being asked to Prom and answering too!...

Last night Kara was asked to prom.  Kara and I had the talk and we thought it was a pretty slim chance that she would be asked with just barely turning 16 and being a sophomore.  But we were so pleasantly WRONG---yeah!!!  So Monday night around 9pm the door bell rang to this.  It is actually quite amazing that he was able to set it up without our dogs barking throughout it.

Spencer opened the door to this

 Kara was in the shower, and I couldn't wait to tell her so, I interrupted her shower so she could hurry and see.  As we waited for her we could see the car circling in the neighborhood with the boy who asked her   She took the quickest shower in record history so she could check it out. 



 Here we are looking at it, with her wet head.  Then we went in our house and went through each  kiss to see who did it.  She was super excited and scared at the same time and DYING to know who had asked her. 




It took us a while to go through all the kisses and figure out who it was.  But when she realized who it was she got a HUGE smile on her face and a look of relief.  Below is a picture of Harrison while they were at  a Bingham event.



s




She answered him back tonight

 She and her dad went and bought men's briefs that were a Hershey Kiss brand, to go with the theme  and then they hung them up in his yard on wired hangers. They bought two BIG happy cookies.  Her note that went with the briefs is in the picture below, which says,  "This may be BRIEF, butt" ( I tried to have her change the spelling, but everyone else vetoed me.  On the bottom of the cookies  box it says, "Heck yes, I will go to prom with you." 

Now, Kara and I get to spend time looking for a prom dress. I am super excited.  I just hope it won't be too big of a challenge to find a modest dress, but even still I am super PUMPED!!!!!!    I am so excited for Kara!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

SO fun!

Unknown said...

Oh I love asking and answering to dances! How cute are both ideas. The briefs are hilarious. Can't wait to hear about her first prom!