Sunday, August 5, 2012

I can do Hard things--trek!!~~

I love trek!!!  There is a spirit felt at trek that is life changing.  I never would have believed it was true if I haven't had the privilege of participating in it.  There are so many lessons that can be learned at trek, but the strongest lesson of all is that we are loved by our Heavenly Father and we have a Savior who made it possible for us to live again as families.  



Trek is HARD and difficult, but because of that it is so rewarding. Trek is an opportunity to be super sweaty, dirty,  and very HOT!!!  Because of the difficulties you experience there you feel so abundantly blessed for all that you normally take for granted.  As President Baer said, going on trek and leaving the world behind helps us to become more dedicated as a disciple of Christ.   To feel the love and peace that only the gospel can give.  

 I had the most amazing trek family!   I was in the Lion Family with Janelle, Colby, Patrick, Andrew, Dillian,  Lexi, Julia,  Uncle Aaron, Brittney,  and Staci. Our Ma and Pa Janelle and Colby were amazing.   They anticipated any need we might have and they sure were good with the squirting you when you are hot.  Above we are getting ready to get in the bus!




 Brittney, Kelly, Patrick M, Andrew and Patrick W.  I had the privilege of being in Patrick and Andrew's family! 
 Kara was in a different family and a different company then I was.  It was always great to see her smiling face!


Andrew playing a joke on Patrick

 Brittney, Lexi and Staci!!! Some of the sweetest girls ever!!!  And Dillion on the side.




 Some of the boys in our ward.





 Our make shift shade area.  There were no trees on trek so we were always in the sun.  It was so dusty.  Dirt was in everything we used or touched.  Everyone was so dirty.
 Kara working on crafts with her family




 On the last day we were playing games during the morning.   It is so rewarding to watch the youth interact with one another.  They bonded so quickly and  it was so hard to believe that some had barely just me, because they seemed like they had know one another forever.





 The medic unit!!  They were so amazing.  In our family ever girl had a blister and most of the boys too.  The reason was because it was so hot and there was so much dirt that rubbed against our feet.  They did a tremendous job helping all that needed it. 


Our last few minutes of trek before we entered the buses.  I was so grateful to see the buses that would take us home, but sad to leave my trek family!

I have thought a lot about trek and the lessons that we can learn there.  I really think it is amazing that you can bring a bunch of youth to this land and have it be a life changing event that strengthens them.  If I hadn't already participated in two treks I would think it was crazy that it can be so life altering, but all I can say is, that it is.  I do believe that everyday life does provide us with enough  hardship and it can  sufficiently test our testimony, but going on trek seem to give us the added strength to become even stronger, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.   I am a  big believer of trek. I believe that when you take youth away from their element without the distractions of cell phone, Facebook and friends that you can truly realize what is important.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with the youth in our ward.  My cup truly runneth over with blessings!!!


No comments: