Monday, August 13, 2012

Seattle

 On Wednesday we spent the day in Seattle.  My father in law was nice enough to drive us into town so that we didn't have to deal with parking a car.  We stopped first at Pike Place Market.  I have spent a lot of Saturday's in my life at Pike Place.  My dad use to love to go there to get fresh fish.    They have a really good selection. 

 In Seattle they recently have a new attraction.  It is called the 'Great Wheel'. It is 175 feet tall and just opened this summer.  It was very cool.  If you can believe it you can even order food to eat while you are on it.  


 I love all the flowers they sell at Pike Place market.  If we weren't walking the whole day we would have bought some. They are so vibrant and so inexpensive.

 We walked along the Puget Sound.  It is so pretty. 









 We went to Ivar's for lunch.  They have such good fish. One thing I miss about living in Utah is the fresh fish.   We ate outside  looking at the Puget Sound.   Kara ended up giving half of her lunch to the Sea Gulls.
 Here are some of the Sea Gulls that were trying to eat our lunch.
 Then we walked to the Space Needle.  It was a little bit further of a walk than we had thought.  We went to the Pacific Science Center. I use to go there frequently as a child.    We wanted to go to the King Tut exhibit. When I was in the 4th grade I went to the same exhibit.  It is just fascinating then, just as it is now.


 After that we went through the rest of the Pacific Science Center. 



There are so many spiders in Washington and they are HUGE!!!!  And of course they had even bigger spiders at the Science Center exhibits.





 We went through the Butterfly exhibit too. 

After we were done exploring Seattle we took the monorail and then the transit system close to Matt's parent's home.  They were so sweet and were waiting for us when we arrived.  

After we got home from Seattle we drove over to my step mom Sheryl's home, the home where I grew up at.   It was nice to visit with her.  The trees around my old neighborhood are so big!!!!  I feel like they are taking over the neighborhood---seriously.  The landscaping in Washington is so much more natural.  It made me miss the manicured lawns around my neighborhood.  
After we went to visit Sheryl we drove to Matt's sister, Sharon.  We met her for dinner at Red Robin.  It was so good to see her place and catch up with her.   We then went back to her place and looked at family albums.  Kara loved it. Kara adores Sharon and she reminds me a lot of her aunt sometimes.   She lives right off of the Puget Sound. We walked down to the water and  talked some more.   Sharon is such a strong woman that I have always admired.   

By the time we got home we were so tired.  Matt's parents waited up for us and it was good to visit with them.  

No comments: