Monday, August 13, 2012

Last day in Seattle


On Thursday Matt went boat shopping with his dad.   I went to a funeral for George Hanson. My sister Katie said she would drive me there, because I really wanted to be able to go. Thank you Katie!!!!
 When I was eight years old George and Erma Hanson started  coming over to our home where my father and mother taught them the gospel.  My mom was such a natural missionary and she asked them if they would like to come over to our home for FHE.  Six months later the Hanson's were baptized by my Dad.  We developed a close relationship with them and spent a lot of time in each others homes.  Erma was my first young women's president and then became the stake young women's president.  I use to baby sit her children a lot and we would just visit.  She was such a strength to me after my mom died too.   Then after I was married and I moved back into the ward I was the cub scout leader and we held cub scouts at her home.  It was so nice to reconnect with her then too.  

It was a beautiful service. My step mom, Sheryl was asked to read a beautiful poem too.  It was so nice to see people I hadn't seen for so many years.  So many people from the ward I grew up from were there and I loved visiting with them. 

After the funeral Katie took me to one of my mom's Laurels she taught.  When she was a Laurel my mom had given her a beautiful  statue.  She asked me to stop by her home as she had a gift to give Kara.  I thought it was so touching that she had saved it for my daughter.  What a sweetheart she is.


When I got back to Matt's parents home Matt and Kara were working in the his parents yard with them.  It looked great.  Then we went to the beach that is practically in their back yard. 

 Then we left to go to Matt's sister, Melissa's home.  Her husband Herb had made us a very delicious dinner.  If only I could make spaghetti like him.
 We had a wonderful time visiting with their family. 
 Matt's parents with Kara in the back ground.   While we are there Kara sang a solo and tried to play the piano on a miniature piano.  And then Dylan and Michael played their trumpet and french horn (I think that is what they played) for us.  It was amazing. 
As we were leaving Matt's sister Melissa asked Herb to take some pictures of us. Here is one of them. 

No comments: