Monday, August 13, 2012

Home sweet Home!!!



We had such a wonderful trip!!!  I love visiting Washington, and Oregon. It is filled with so many happy memories.  And it is filled with people I love dearly.  I think because I was at trek the week before that it seemed like forever since I was in my own home.  On  our first day of our trip we drove straight to Washington.  We left at 7:30am and got in around 8pm pacific time.  We took a couple detours on the way.  We stopped at the Columbia River temple that is in the Tri-Cities.  It is a beautiful temple.


On our first full day there we went and visited one of the offices in Matt's company.  Since he doesn't have an office yet we thought we would check one out.  It looks like a normal office to me.
They had tons of car pictures still wrapped up.  Matt will be in heaven.
It was nice to go to the office because it was so close to where I grew up.  I could almost imagine Matt working there.  Afterwards we went to see where my father in law works.  It was really cool to see where he spends so much time each day.  My father in law is one of the hardest workers I have ever know.  I am grateful because my husband has his work ethic too.  Then we went to Costco.  We actually went to one of the very first Costco that was ever built.  I realized I have been going to Costco for over 30 years!!!!
Then we went to visit my sister Katie, Tyler and baby Abe.  It was the first time I have ever met Tyler.  He is such a nice young man and such a good daddy to Abe.  Katie and Tyler moved in their first home earlier this year and it is so cute!!!


 After we left Katie's home we stopped at Trader Joe's.  I have always loved this store and missed not having it in Utah.  They are supposed to be building one downtown and I am so excited!
 After visiting with Katie and family we headed back to Matt's parents.  They had invited some of our family for a barbecue.  All the food was delicious and the company was great!!!  Matt and Kara were taking a lot of pictures, but not of everyone. 
 Matt's mom
 Apparently Kara really loves taking photos of Issac.


No comments: