Monday, January 28, 2013

Things I love---Food

Since I have been doing my challenge I have found stuff I really love, that doesn't make it feel as hard to do this challenge. Here are a few of them.  I always like to know what everyone is doing as it helps me find new creative ideas each and every day!
I have several favorite breakfasts, but here is one of them. 1 cup of Greek yogurt, it has around 24 grams of protein-WOW.  1 cup of mixed berries--I rotate between the 2 below.    Then I add 1/4 cup of quinoa. I use to add agave, but I have been trying to gradual add less and less each and every day.   I also sometimes have Go Lean cereals in it too.  This is my best friend Julie's favorite breakfast and she is one of the most healthy people I know. 






Also for breakfast I love 2 eggs fried with 1 piece of Dave's Killer bread then I open a 100 calorie pack of wholly guacamole and only eat 1/2 of it and save the rest, after I have put lemon juice with it for lunch. It is so grainy and yummy.  6 grams of fiber per piece of bread and then I top it with half of a package of wholly avocado 
                                                                                                                                                                                                  

For lunch I have been loving a small spinach/mixed berries smoothie, that I find myself drinking all afternoon.    But right now my two favorites lunch meals are my version of a BLT:
Dave's Killer bread, 2 TBSP of tomato paste on toasted bread, red onions, tons of romaine lettuce and 2 slices of the already cooked bacon they sell at Costco.   On the other days I have been having Amy's lentil soup (my favorite) or Amy's minestrone.

 



For dinner, I have been having 2 veggies (usually a green salad) and then some other kind.  The main dish has varied each and everyday.   I have made several quinoa recipes with lots of veggies and they have been delicious.   This hasn't been that hard for me to do, it has just been frustrating that I can't lose at least 2 pounds a week,.

75/1 Cuties Oranges Printable coupon – Stuff those stockings!
For snacks I have been having a lot of cutie oranges, one of my most favorite treats ever!!!   And I been having almond butter on a couple cracker.  Dr. Oz says this is an awesome snack!!!

I love exercise!!!  I know I am kind of weird, but I always have. This has been the easiest thing for me in the WHOLE challenge.  I use to teach Aerobics in the 90's at a gym as a job.  I just don't enjoy being on the treadmill for an hour, so I have been a lot more creative. I have been checking out random exercise DVD's  at the library and switching mine around.  I love being on my elliptical, and I love Kara's Just Dance Wii game.  So. much. fun.  Exercise always makes me feel awesome!   But 60 minutes of exercising is a little long for me, I have always been right around 45 minutes.

Getting 7 hours of sleep has always be easy peasy for me.   Since I don't have  a baby to wake me up, it is really easy.   The hardest part for me in this challenge has been counting my calories.  That is just plain hard for me.     Anyways, I love the challenge all in all because it has made me feel more accountable and I love that I know I have good friends that are competing with me.  Right now I am tied for 1st place with a total of 7 people.  So we will see!!!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Good for you, Cami! Your attitude alone will get you there!

Sheryl said...

Good for you, Cami! Your attitude alone will get you there!

Unknown said...

Thank you!! I hope you are so right. I am counting on it!!

Unknown said...

Where do u buy the bread? I need to make quinooa more often, I have a good recipe that the dressing us lime juice if u want it. And I think u should teach us aerobics!!! I didn't know that dark secret. Want Lilly for a night?

Unknown said...

I buy the bread at Costco. I would love the recipe. I love anything with the flavor of lime. I would love to take Lilly. I missed you yesterday. I hope you went somewhere fun!