Thursday, January 24, 2013

Random Things

 This weekend Kara and I went down to see Coby in Provo.  Everyone else, but us had to work---SERIOUSLY!!    We went to a fun restaurant in Provo--- Guru's!!!  It was yummy.  I had the fish tacos that were so delicious!
 

Acoustic guitars on stageAfterwards we went to Sammy's for their pie milkshakes.  Of course I only had a couple of bites that my kids shared with me, because of my fitness challenge.  I have never been there when it isn't busy.  They recently opened a new locations downtown Salt Lake City.  Honestly, you have to try it--it is that good!
Then we went  to get a hair cut for Coby.  He goes to the quickest and cheapest place ever----only 7.99 for a hair cut!!!     Then we just drove around and visited.  It is always good to see Coby.  We always have  a wonderful conversation and it is exhilarating!


I only had my camera phone, and trust me it certainly isn't an I phone when it comes to taking 
pictures!!! But above is Coby at his apartment, before his hair cut!

 Kara's new play will be starting in around a month.  She has been working hard and I am very excited to see it. See below for more information!!!  She is the evil villian.  It will be interesting to see her play the bad guy!  She is in Cast B--very important!  You know you want to come and if you do, please get your tickets from her.  It is in the brand new theater in the West Jordan Library!

Produced by special arrangement with Pioneer Drama Service, Inc., Englewood, Colorado
A radically updated retelling of the
12 Dancing Princesses
by Paul Collette, Gary Fritzen and Robert Wright

Shows: B Cast
Wednesday 20
Friday 22
Saturday 23 - 3 pm matinee
Tickets
Individual - $6
Family - $30
Groups 10+ - $5
Groups 15+ - $4
Shows start at 7 pm doors open 30 minutes before at the
Viridian Events Center
8030 South 1825 West • West Jordan


As mentioned earlier I have been continuing to look for a job.  I mentioned to my friend Rachel that I was looking for only particular companies that had wonderful medical coverage.  And of course, she knew one of the former  H.R.directors at one of the places..  She put in a good word for me and the next day, I got a call from the company. 

 I had my first interview and then moved on to my second interview, the next day.  After the second interview the representative offered me the job.   I was excited as it was a significant pay raise and I only had to work 30 hours to get full benefits, which  starts the first day I will begin training.  They wanted me to work a shift that I didn't want to, (12:30-9pm) but luckily she said she liked me enough, that  she would let me start training a few weeks later and be able to work the early shift that starts at 6:30am.  YEAH!!!!

I will be working at the same company as Spencer (he has worked there for 4 months) in the same department. However, there are 200 employees in that department.  Because I wanted to be upfront with the Hiring Manager, I mentioned I had a family member who works in that department.  She asked how we were related and I reluctantly mentioned he was my son.   She said his name and then just stared at me. " For reals, she says?"  Then she paused for at least 30 seconds.  I thought she was going to reneged, on the offer; it was that scary!  After the pause she said I might not be able to work the same shift as him, and then she asked me if he really was my son.  CRAZY, but nice for her to think I didn't look that old.

I am really grateful to Rachel for making the call.  It is becoming more rare, to have a friend who will take time out of their busy day to do a favor.  Unfortunately, often we/friends/people say things we never get around to doing. So it is always refreshing when someone does, what they actually say they will do. I always try to never say something that I most likely won't do, but of course, I learned that the HARD way!!!!

I don't want to work a lot of hours, but I know under my circumstances that it is the best thing for me to be able to get my medicine covered.   I am grateful that I will be able to work a job that enables me to still be able to be home when Kara's is home!!!!   I am so blessed!!!  And like my mom always said, My cup truly runneth over!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

The job thing sounds SOOOO fantastic! How awesome to find something that pays well and only required 30 hours! I know that is still more hours than you wanted, but I'm so happy for you!

And I'm totally not surprised that she was shocked at your age! You look young, fit and beautiful!

Katie said...

I am so happy for you. Looking for jobs is HARD! Also, I really want a pie shake!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny!!!! I sure hope I can only work 30 hours, but the hiring manager didn't act like that was a for sure thing. Oh well, I will work on it. I am still looking until I start to see if I can find and even better job and closer. Thanks Jenny for the compliment.

Katie, you would love this milkshake, so yummy. Looking for a job is really hard and takes so much time!!!! xoxoxo