Friday, January 11, 2013

Fitness Challenge---No excuses

  I started a fitness challenge on Monday that I have been doing faithfully.  I actually started it a week earlier so I could get a jump start. It officially started on January 7th, but I started it on the 1st.  I have been following it perfectly and I haven't lost a pound.---not even 1 POUND, not even half a pound--NOTHING!!!  This is discouraging to me. I don't think it would discourage me so much, if it wasn't for the fact that this has been the result of all my efforts over the last year.  No weight change, well except for gaining. :) I have a very good idea of the reason and I am trying really hard to not let it get  me down, but it does sometimes.
 

I don't like to make excuses.  I want to be accountable, but I guess I am making one. My biggest reason for not losing weight is my pituitary gland.   The pituitary is like the director of the orchestra.  The director lets everyone know when to come in, and when to stop.  Well, my director isn't working.  Right now my director keeps telling my body to make more cortisol, which makes you hold on to weight.  My director can't tell my thyroid, it is about time to  make the metabolism work, and give me energy. I know that this really isn't an excuse, but a medical problem, but it still feels like an excuse.  So I set a low goal for me--to only lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks, but maybe that was too much. I use to know what it was like to lose weight easily, but right now isn't that time.  I will not give up hope and will keep doing my best.  I won't give up.


I have been looking for a full time job.  I have only put in one application because I just started. I am trying to find places that would be a good fit for myself and family, and that  have excellent medical coverage.  I never wanted to work full time until, all of my children were graduated. I have been very blessed to be a stay at home mom.  I didn't start working until I moved in this home,  and only part time.  I am not complaining, as I have been very grateful, but unfortunately I realize I need a job.

Well, I guess I am not going to lie, I do feel discouraged---VERY!  I want to be there for my youngest  child and well, all of them!  I feel bad thinking that she will come home to a an empty house, but I know I am probably just overly emotional, another symptom of my director not working. I keep thinking that it is much better to come home to an empty house, than have a mother die as my mom did.  I know, pretty dramatic, but  it is how I make myself feel better about my decision. I know that since my director (pituitary) isn't working that I don't look at things as I use to.  My hormones are all over the charts, so I try to remember how I use to act, but when you don't think straight,  it doesn't' always work.

I have felt discouraged because I don't feel that good, and I know that in order to feel better, I need to be able to be on the correct dosage of medicine.  I know that the only way to be able to do that, is to get a full time job.  So that is what I am trying to do--- to make it a Wonderful Life, I need to feel well!!! 

Things I am grateful for right now:
warm home, awesome children,  jobs,  friends,   books.   I am also grateful I haven't been sick.  So far, 4 people in our family have had the horrible influenza or something very close to it. 
And trying to remember the quote below!!!!

and I need to work on the quote below too!!!!  Next time! :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope you are able to find a job that you can love. It won't make up for the things you are sad to be missing out on, but maybe enjoying the job can be a small consolation prize. I'm sorry that you are facing such a hard dilemma with your health. I'm glad you have a solution in the works, even if it isn't perfect. You are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny for seeing the bright side of this. You are so sweet!

cori said...

I actually appreciate the 'real ness' of this post. Love you Cami! Best of luck on your job hunt.

Unknown said...

Thank you Cori! Miss you. Xoxoxo