Monday, January 21, 2013

How are you handling Blue Monday?





 I love that during the month of January I am able to focus on Martin Luther King with the kids at my school.   I truly admire him.  King actually stood for:  Justice.  Peace.  Equality and to end to poverty.
Dr. King spoke up when speaking up was dangerous…as it still is today.Dr. King spoke about the obscenity of war — and on spending countless trillions to kill, while pinching pennies to relieve poverty.  Sadly, this remains unchanged in the U.S.
“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. “

And on another note,  I was talking with my brother Matthew and sister in law, Suzanne and they were telling me how  today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year.  Here is what several articles say:  Today is called--Blue Monday, always the 3rd Monday of the month of January.  The reason it is supposed to be is,  First, it is Monday.  Second, it is the time of year where all your holiday shopping bills have arrived and are  due.   Third, usually your New Year’s resolutions are starting to fall apart and fourth, generally the weather is typically miserable.

I hope you are all fairing it well. I figure since it is a holiday, that most people will be doing much better.  

P.S. Colton woke up throwing up yesterday and today, Kara did.  Kara before two weeks ago, hadn't thrown up in over 4 years.  I feel bad that they both caught it and I vow to not catch it.  I am around so many sick kids at work each and everyday, that I have built up a really good immune system, at least I hope!!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that first quote. I miss being in the school spotlight I need to keep up better on events ESP historical ones. Hope the bug stops there.

Unknown said...

I am going to miss the school spotlight too as soon as I quit. The bug didn't come here, I have been taking a ton of immune supplements. Sorry your kiddos are sick.