Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Big, Little, and Random Things



  Love the suit and the person in it!  I took this picture, right before Spencer was going to help his girlfriend  at her sister's wedding reception. 
A couple days before Christmas, Matt was working on the squeaky brakes on my van and well, there was a little accident. I was in the house at the time and  then heard a bloodcurdling sound of my car hitting the garage door.  I thought he was crushed behind it-REALLY SCARY!!   We didn't take a picture until after the three panels were on the grass and flattened.  It looked unfix able.
 My friend's dad owns a garage door company and  so we called them.  They were fast and helped us put our garage door on, unfortunately, now we can't put any cars in our garage, because of how we had to fasten the door shut.
 We still haven't gotten it fixed.  Matt wanted to get it fixed right away, and I wanted to wait.  The cheapest door to replace it with was $1195, and the highest price with insulation was $1795, so we are waiting.  Although, I will say, going out to a car in the morning when it is 6 degrees isn't my favorite thing.   Matt now thinks he might be able to fix it himself, we will see.  



 Colton right before work.   He is smart to get ready for work and then take a break!!!


 Kara's report card for 1st quarter. She got an A- in Chemistry.  But an A in all of her Honors/Other classes.   She has had a 4.0 this whole quarter and the semester will end next week.   Then she starts driver's ed.  She has been driving for a while now, and has gotten really good at it. She can get her license in less than two months!!!   

 
Kara was also recognized in November with the Melvin Award from her high school.   A Melvin’s Hero is  recognition for being an awesome student.  A student is picked by teachers and  a small handful of students.

They spotlight a student Monday through Thursday.  There are 2500 students at the school and there are only 130 days that you could possibly be awarded this, so this was quite a cool thing.  Kara got a t-shirt, certificate and medal.    Our family knows Kara is awesome, but it is nice when others appreciate her  too.

Coby got a 4.0 at BYU last semester.  Yesterday he started his final semester at BYU.  He is graduating in April. He has been applying for scholarships for master programs in Europe and Israel.  We are so proud of what a hard working student he is and it is hard to believe he works part time too!!!!  

I copied the way my friend Makinzee hung  her cards. I love it and now I just don't want to take it down.  Such a cute idea, thanks for sharing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Without a garage winter is the pits, its worth a shot fixing it. If u need a y help I could ask my brothers. Congratulations Kara and coby that's a long ways to go for an MBA. Will Kara still babysit when she can drive? I hope so!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kinzee!! I agree a very long way to go. Yes, Kara I am sure will be babysitting, especially you as she loves your kiddos. We might just take you up on the help with the garage door.