Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally a change in numbers!

I don't know why, but I got on the scale yesterday and I  lost 4 pounds this week. I  CERTAINLY will take it.  This makes me happy!  After almost three weeks of being good, I am very grateful for a change in the numbers---going down.  I am wondering if because I have taken my medicine all this week, opposed to not taking it, if that is why the number has changed?    I love that Myfitnesspal.com  has apps so you can put your weight loss on your blog.  It makes me feel more accountable. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but this January has been hard.  It seems so much colder than normal and  with the inversion you can't even see the blue skies and clouds. 

As strange as it sounds, I have always really liked Winter, especially January. I love that after you put away Christmas your home looks so clean and simple.  It also makes me want to organize more and clean, clean, clean.   I love that I have an excuse to sit by my fireplace and read a good book.  But, I haven't felt the same way this winter, until yesterday!!!

Yesterday, I really got a boost, Kara and I went out to lunch and then I took her shopping for a few things she needed.  I love spending time with Miss Kara--- she is such a delight.  January is such a good month to get clearance items, we really scored!  It was so fun to have some girl time.  I also loved yesterday because I was able to visit with friends during the day that I haven't talked to as much as I would like.  Thanks for the boost;  I love great friends, that are also such an example to me.  Being with them make  my heart happy.


Then that evening, Matt and I  met Rob and Laura for a yummy dinner at Paradise Cafe.  Then we went to the Auto Show with them.  It is a traditional that we go every year together.  I love Laura, she is so much fun to talk to and has such a cute personality.   I am glad we are planning to get together sooner than later!
 
And for some really great news, Matt temporarily fixed our garage so I can park  my car in it!!!!!  I am so happy, after parking outside for a while, I really appreciate having a working garage. Thanks honey!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo to 4 pounds. I must have caught your slump, I've gotta buckle back down this. I love January shopping I've scored a couple good deals too. I love miss Kara too - maybe we can squeeze in les mis and steal here for a little bit. Thanks for thinking about Lilly, yay she's on the mend although I think she's cutting a tooth!

Katie said...

I am jealous of your four pounds! I don't know if it is stress or what, but I am having a hard time suddenly maintaining! I am going back to low-carb starting tomorrow.

Unknown said...

That is so funny coming from you Kinzee, being so dang thin! I hope Lilly, isn't one of the ones sick at your house.

Thanks Katie, you crack me up. You look amazing. So how has the low carb gone, with everything else you are doing too!