Sunday, February 24, 2013

The MTC is so blessed to have her and other things


 Colleen entered the MTC on February 6th of this month.    She will spend 8 weeks in the MTC before she heads to Thailand.

Above is a picture of her 1st time going to the temple with her family and friends.  She chose to go to the Manti temple. I am really hoping to have this young woman become a member of our family someday, but for now she will be one terrific missionary!!!

I had a moment of fame when I was asked to be in a Time out for Women video several years ago. It was a lot of fun. I had checked out the video  this last week and Diane (she is the friend I went with) and I were taking pictures since we didn't buy the DVD.   
 Pictures of where I work. I am getting so sad about leaving. This Wednesday is my final day at Heartland.  I am going to miss it so much.  Above is the place were we have our planning time.   I took pictures to help me remember it.  Below are the bags we carry with us to each classroom.


Everyday my boss leaves an uplifting message to all of her employees. I am going to miss her very much.  I will be pleasantly surprised if my new boss is as wonderful as she is, but I sure am hoping he or she is!

 Yummy food my boss brings once a month to celebrate birthdays.  She is always buying chocolate.  Well that is one thing I certainly won't miss.

 Below is the letter I posted to each of the ladies I work with. Some of them I don't see each day so I wanted to say good bye.  I have done a terrible job at telling them, only because it is so hard.  I love them all so much, so it has been a challenge to bring it up. 



Dear Amazing Women,

Many of you are already aware that I will have my last day here on Wednesday, February 27th.  Starting in March, I will be working at Ebay.  Since I don’t see each of you each day, I wanted to make sure I said good bye to everyone, thus the reason for the letter.

After a lot of consideration I have made the decision to switch jobs.  I made this decision due to financial reasons.  This decision is full of mixed emotions and has been very hard for me to make.

I want to thank all of you who have supported, guided and encouraged me over the last 3 years. I have felt so privileged to work with each and every one of you. 

Warmly~
Cami 

 
I finished my 6 week fitness challenge. I came in 3rd place.  There was a tie for 1st place so it isn't as good as it sounds. I had a perfect total, until I was vacillating between which job I would take.  Then my computer broke and I had always tracked electronically. It didn't work so well by hand, or maybe I wasn't as motivated for two days.  So I was happy.


The next day I was done, I started another challenge.   In this challenge you pick 6 things you want to work on and you can switch them after 3 weeks again. It last for  a total of 6 weeks. I really like the challenge.  Here are the 6 things I picked. Anyways, I am hoping it goes well. I like how this challenge helps me focus on being more well rounded, which is always my goal. I am grateful for friends who start these challenges.  Thank you!!!
1. Limit technology (leisure time on computer is 15 minutes). If I have an assignment, lesson, or something then I only get on and off to do it.  2. Read uplifting literature (scriptures) for 20 minutes.
3. Lose weight
4. Exercise 30 minutes a day. (rotating cardio/strength training)
5. Stop eating before 8pm.
6. Track everything I eat/stay within calorie goal.

No comments: