Friday, February 22, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Birthday---for my hubby!

For Matt's birthday last week I decided to do a scavenger hunt.  I thought it would be fun and all of our children were gone working, or at play practice.  So on Saturday morning when we woke up I gave Matt our first clue for our Scavenger Hunt.  I would read the clues, but probably shouldn't because they are catered just to him! It told him to get dressed and that we were going out for the day.  He was pretty intrigued. Of course I told him to only have a piece of fruit before we left. 
So we dropped Kara off at play practice and then we headed for a beautiful drive to Ruth Diner's  Above is a picture of Matt waiting and you can see how deep the snow is. We both had the yummy food. I love the food there. So delicious.

 After that I gave him the next clue and we headed  to the movie he wanted to see. I continued to give him clues as I had planned out the whole day.  It was fun to do things that I know that he likes.
Our sixth and final clue was an outing to Chick Fil A for a candle light dinner.  Colton had gotten this for his dad's birthday.  He liked it, and of course I did too.  They even had a professional photography there to take our picture.  They had beautiful music playing, they gave us some roses, and we had our server in a tux.  It was a lot of fun.  All in all Saturday was a perfect day. 




On Sunday after church everyone was home to celebrate.  It was fun to be together.  I made what Matt requested and it all turned out well.








For his cake this year, I made a Chocolate Torte cake.  It is my sister in law, Suzanne's recipe.  Very yummy, and darn good cake!  I love my man and I love celebrating his birthday each year!!!!!
Wow, maybe next year we won't use all the candles.








I made this Birthday wreath after seeing my friend Adrianne's.  I went over to her house and we had a wreath party.  She is very creative!!!   And this wreath will be up for a few weeks as we celebrate Kara and Coby's birthday over the next couple of weeks!!!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Super fun birthday! Maybe someday I can be as awesome as you. I love the wreath, too. It came our really cute!

Unknown said...

You are sweet! The only reason I can do stuff like that is because my kids are older. It would next to impossible to do that with younger kids!!!

Unknown said...

I have never been to Ruth's in winter, how was it? Of course yummy! Love the wreath, love the candy bar card and love the scavenger hunt idea. Happy birthday Matt!

Love love love the young picture of you and Matt.