Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Things.....

I love  the month of February!!!!! Even though it is winter, I love that so many people I love have birthdays in February and Valentine's day is one of my favorite holidays.  I love putting up Valentine decorations.  I LOVE hearts, like, crazy love them. 
 I love going to lunch with friends.  Last week I met Julie at the temple and then we went to lunch. I love talking to Julie and even though I moved, I am so grateful we are able to get together so frequently.  In case anyone didn't know they remodeled the  Jordan temple and they did it QUICK!!!

Last weekend, Kara spent it at the Utah Theater Association.  She loved it.  She saw a few musicals, she went to many classes and had a wonderful time.  She went for three solid days and came back renewed. 
Photo





 Also, last weekend we had planned to go to Coby's girlfriend Colleen's mission farewell, but the weather was HORRIBLE.  Coby's car was broken and they had a lot of people who wanted to go to Las Vegas for it.  So Matt rented a car for Coby, that was 4 wheel drive and was an SUV.  The ride home was a little scary, my words not Coby's, but it took a lot longer.  There were accidents everywhere.  I was worried sick.   And over the weekend, Matt fixed Coby's car.  He was pretty happy that he was able to fix it for Coby.  He is a great dad!
 I have been worried about Coby. I feel grateful his girlfriend is serving a mission, but it is hard on Coby to be away from her for 18  months.  I hate seeing my kids suffer.   She leaves this Wednesday, February 6th, and she is going to Thailand.  She will be a phenomenal missionary!!!  I really adore this girl and I am crossing my fingers that things will work out, and I am praying really hard too.



 On Tuesday night Kara, Coby and I went to see the Phantom of the Opera.  My friend Mindy got our tickets for us and I gave them to my two children who would enjoy it as a Christmas present. 
 The weather was so bad, that I was worried about driving there. So Kara and I drove to Provo with Mindy and family. Luckily, Brent, is an excellent driver and their Suburban does really well on the roads. 
 Above is a picture of Coby, Kara and Tianna. After we left him at 10pm, he was going to the library to study.  He usually stays until midnight and then walks all the way home, in the freezing, dark weather.  It makes me sad, that he does this practically every night, but he is a very dedicated student and he says if he drives it takes him almost as long to find a parking space.

It took us forever to come home from Phantom, but it was AMAZING!!!  The freeway was an ice rink.  It took us so long I was seriously worried, I wouldn't get my 7 hours for my fitness challenge and I didn't, but I came home from work on Wednesday and took a nap for less than an hour, even though I didn't have time, crazy, what a contest will do.

Yesterday I went to lunch with one of my best friends, Diane.  She is lives in Layton and we usually see each other at least every 3 months.  It was great to catch up with her.  Love her.

Friday night,  Matt planned our date. We went and saw Warm Bodies.  There really isn't any words I can use to describe it.  Very strange.  But he liked it.

On Friday afternoon I had a great visit with my friend Ann.  Even though we live in the same neighborhood, I hadn't talked to her like, I like.   She also let me borrow her Downton Abbey Season 3.  I have almost finished watching it. Thank you Ann, you are always so generous!!!  I won't even comment on my thoughts on Seasons 3.

 We planned a family activity for today with everyone, but plans changed.  Spencer had to work, Kara was sick with a bad sore throat and felt miserable, so it was just  the rest of our family.  We went up to the ski resorts, that Coby or Colton  had never been too. It was so yummy.  Coby and I both had the fish tacos and they were delicious and I probably used most of my calories for today, but it was worth it.
 Yesterday Coby told us that he got offered a job.   He told us about the opportunity a few weeks ago, but we didn't  know for sure if he would get it or not.  Well, he found out yesterday that he did.  He is moving to  ISTANBUL, Turkey. 
It is a wonderful opportunity and he is getting paid very well.  The company he is working with is providing free housing and several of his friends are going to work there too.  I think it is a good opportunity for him.  I am excited for him.  He is such a hard worker.   CONGRATS  Coby!!!!!!   We love you, and we will miss you terribly!  He will leave right after he graduates from college this April.  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Whoa! Istanbul?!! That sounds awesome for him, but I think I would be dying inside as the mom! It's great that he has friends going with him. What an awesome adventure! How long is he going to be there? Maybe it will give him a great adventure and distraction from missing his missionary. :)

Sheryl said...

Wow, Cami. You certainly can't complain about being bored. Things keep happening at your house, that is wonderful, exciting, scary news about Coby's job. Such intelligence mixed with such compassion will create a full and interesting life for him. ...and your heart will go right along with him! I love these posts.

Unknown said...

Jenny, I am scared to death about him moving to Istanbul? Although he has claimed he wanted to live out of the country so long I have gotten use to it. He use to live in Jordan/Israel so I am hoping this can only be better.


Thanks Sheryl, I agree he is very compassion and intelligent. xoxoxo