Monday, October 1, 2012

Little Things....

Moving Day!!!  Today Matt and his employees moved into their  new temporary office.  And it isn't too far from our house.  Hopefully, their permanent location will be just as close.  Now, when Coby comes to visit  he can sleep in his room! 





Above and below are Kara's school pictures.  I think she looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  She is in 10th grade and is 15 1/2 years old.  

Kara now has 5 piano students. WOW!!!   She is busy taking a Jazz dance class and also an Irish Dance class.   She is loving it.  We haven't really focused on dance for a while and instead focused on piano and voice so this has been a fun adventure for her.  

 My friend Lauri showing me how she would hold our puppy.  It made me giggle so hard. 


 On Saturday night I was privileged to  attend the R.S. General Broadcast at the Conference Center.  It was a wonderful evening, the spirit was strong and I was touched.  My heart is always tender when I hear personal stories of others dealing with adversity and death.


 Sis. Burton:  When we have the doctrine deep in our hearts, we will feel the power of the Atonement.
Sis. Stephens:  Leave the world behind and gain the Kingdom of God.
Sis. Reeves:  Cast your burdens upon Him. Jesus is perfectly compassionate. We can go to Him and not be alone in our trials.


I loved Pres. Eyring’s description of a circle. The Savior is always in the circle. It is up to us to invite all sisters to sit in the circle. In the circle, together we can coordinate a plan, make it a team effort and act as an organized society where we will increase in love as we serve one another. Just as Lucy Mack Smith hoped for, and prophesied, so long ago.

This is what I heard in our meeting tonight. And I thought it was beautiful, inspiring, and hopeful for our future as women in the Church.

As my friends and I were leaving the Conference Center on Saturday evening the Salt Lake Temple was so beautiful.  I am so grateful to live so close to it.   I am so excited for General Conference this weekend.  It is my favorite weekend that I am so grateful happens twice a year.

Things I loved this week:
Learning how to can Salsa with Jen.  She was so kind to let me come to her home and teach me the ins and outs.  And the salsa tastes delicious.

Going to the R.S. Broadcast with friends and being able to go out to eat with them before and after the broadcast.

Putting out my Halloween decorations!!!

No comments: