Friday, September 28, 2012

The Spirit of God like a Fire is Burning....

The Spirit truly was burning at the Brigham City temple dedication our family attended last Sunday.   It is such a tremendous blessing to be able to attend a temple dedication.  I am grateful our family had the opportunity to attend.
 The Spirit is so strong at a dedication as the speakers testify of the blessing and importance of temples here on earth with their sacred ordinances and eternal sealing power.
When I was growing up, I used to dream about being able to go inside a temple. Well,  because I grew up in Washington state I didn't see any temple until after I turned 12.  I feel so fortunate to now live in a time when some many temples "dot the earth."   When I enter into the temple I feel  a very calm peaceful feeling that never leaves. 

Some of the things I want to remember from the temple dedication are:
"It is what really happens inside our selves that matters when we go inside the temple.
We can be taught how to be more like our Savior when we attend the temple."
The Brigham City temple is the 14th temple in Utah and the 139th temple in the world.

No comments: