Friday, February 24, 2012

February Happenings

So far February has been busy.  For some reason February always seems to be full of a lot to do.  It probably has something to do with the fact that Kara is usually in a play and the rehearsals are jammed together and that two members in our family have birthdays.  We were blessed to have the Williams come and stay with us for a few days.  The Williams lived in Vienna, Austria while Coby was on his mission.  Chris was getting his MBA there and Coby hit it off with this family.  Coby served his mission in the same area for 13 months so he got to know them very well. 
I met the Williams when I went to tour Coby's mission with him.  It was fun because we instantly hit if off, but I can't imagine anyone not hitting off with this family.  While we were in Austria we went on vacation with the Williams.  We went to the town of Friesach to a Medieval Festival.  It was a wonderful opportunity.  Now the Williams have moved back to their home which is by Zion's National Park.  They came up to SLC for a visit  and it was fun!

Cute Oliver!
Pictures from after Kara's play.  The play was fun and my brother Matthew and family came to see Kara's play.


Valentine's day!!  Matt always brings Kara flowers and some chocolate on Valentine's day.  I know that it is mostly a consumer holiday, but I can't NOT love a holiday that is about love.  If only we focused on all kinds of love each and every day.  The world would be a much happier place!

Roses Matt got me and that I came  home from work to see.
Trying to remember where I put everything for next year.  I have learned my memory isn't as good as it use to be.



Chocolate, Matt got me.  Matt always goes to one of our families favorite chocolate places that is in Sandy, UT.  It is yummy.  This year I asked him to not get me any chocolate, but after what he had gotten me in years past, he did really much better

Matt had a birthday on February 16th.  It is always fun to celebrate him and how grateful we are that he my kids dad and my husband. 



The only time we could get everyone together was on a Saturday afternoon after Matt's birthday.  It was fun to celebrate with everyone there.


Kara's birthday is coming up  more on that next week!!!!