Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 7----driving home!

We woke up early on New Year's day to start our drive home.  We had planned to go to church first, but I got vetoed from my whole family of just driving home.  I can't say I was pleased, but it was 5 to 1.  My husband really likes to get on the road early whenever we travel.  I am more inclined to just stop and smell the roses, but over the years I have become more like him in this way.  Kind of funny how we become more and more like our spouse the longer we are together.   


Before we left California we met my aunt and uncle to give them our City passes as we had one more day left at Disneyland and a couple other  things.  I wished we had stayed closer to their home so we could have seen them more, but it was very nice to give them a hug and then go on our way.  We made it home in record speed.  Matt drove most of the way as I was a little sleep deprived.  I feel bad when we don't share the road, but it all worked out great.  

On the way home Coby shared with us his perception of traveling through the Middle East.  We had some very stimulating conversations and I learned a lot about his feelings about things I honestly didn't know much about!   I love that my son likes to explore the world, but I do miss him terribly.  I am grateful that he is following his heart and doing what he loves.  This mom loves knowing that her children are happy!   I am grateful for my family.  I love spending time with them and getting to know them as they become  incredible adults with ideas, and thoughts that are uniquely  their own!