Saturday, January 14, 2012

Unemployment

I haven't told anyone this yet, because I just needed to process it and feel my emotions. I am trying to be positive really I am, but  it is just plain hard. On Monday Matt lost his job.   We have been unemployed at least three other times since we have been married and it really didn't bother me, but this time it has thrown me for a loop.  We have always been smart with our money so it is  not like we don't have resources, but I don't want to use them all up.  They are always supposed to be for a rainy day and I don't want the rainy day to be here now!

Matt has had an amazing job and I know that it will be hard to find a job like that again, but I will hope that it will happen.  I am grateful that the only debt we have is our house payment, but it still scares me.  Matt has already had some of the car dealerships he works with let him know they have a place for him, but we are just not sure.  When you work at a car dealership you work a lot of hours and those hours are especially crazy  at night and on weekend.  Generally the times you want to spend with your family.  We have some tough decisions to make and I know that we will be able to do it.  I just need to get out of my slump and focus on how grateful we are that we have a huge food storage, our health, money in the bank to survive and each other.  It is amazing when something happens  how it really changes your perspective on things and really makes you think.  I am grateful for a wonderful husband who is honest in all of his dealings and has always worked so hard to support our family.  We. are. so. very. blessed!!!