Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 1 on vacation to Southern California

Above, some of the men in my family on my mom's side of the family!


Then we headed over to  my cousin Jana's home.  Vanessa and hubby and her adorable daughter were there too.   Their daughter is one of the cutest best dressed little girls I have ever seen.  She makes me smile just to look at her.  My cousin Jana is one of the most creative people I know.  She is the bomb when it comes to decorating.  When I was first married my step mom took pictures of her home just so I could even try to have a well decorated home.  I have improved a tad bit since then.



Above are some of the girls in our family.  From left to right Aunt Jan, Me, Kara, Jana, Karlee, and Vanessa.



We left Las Vegas and went straight to  my Aunt Jan's home which is in Glendora, California.  We were admiring her orange trees and the hot sun!

A cute neighbor gift that she showed us.




Anyways, while I was there my cousin taught me how to make bows.  She is super duper good at it.  Unfortunately, I didn't come right home and practice.   I did take some pictures so hopefully they will be handy when I attempt to make a bow.







Here is one of the few pictures that was taken with everyone.  That is kind of hard to do sometimes.  And we are in front of Jana's beautiful tree.  I have some great ideas for next year with bows and some of the ribbon, lace she used.  She makes it look so easy to do.








If yo can believe it we are outside in her beautiful backyard and it is warm.  They thought it was getting a tad bit chilly, but I was totally warm.  My aunt and uncle got some pizzas (that were so delicious) and my aunt,cousin  an Vanessa made some yummy side dishes.  They are all some of the best cooks.  Then we left La Verne, Ca and headed to where our time share was at on the coast of Laguna Beach.  We used the time share that my parents had.  We exchange weeks through  Interval International.  Our place was fairly nice enough, I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites, but for $135 for a week with a kitchen, you really can't beat it.  We got our time share at a place that was located by Sea World, Universal studios, Disneyland, and Sand Diego Zoo.