Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Routines

I have been thinking today about how hard, yet how welcoming it is to get back into a steady routine. With almost a full month of school under our belts I finally feel like we are slipping comfortably into our routine.  The kids have been awesome adjusting.  Our 6:30am scripture study is not for the faint, but everyone has been good about getting up to read.  Kara is out the door to school at 6:50 which is later than we left for early morning seminary last year~~~HOORAY!!!

I am a person who needs a routine and who is able to easily fall out of one and become unproductive. So I try to work hard to stick to my routine.  With exercising. work schedule, limited computer time (In the past there were times I would be on facebook and almost an hour had gone by without even noticing) homework and family rituals.

As my children have gotten older it has been harder for me to stick to a routine because frankly, I don't have as much control over their lives.  Kara has had less homework this year than last year which is so nice.  Colton's schedule at work changes every week, luckily he puts his schedule on the calendar so we know where he is.  Spencer has a schedule that is the same each week.  And I don't really know what Coby's schedule is.  :)  And I can hardly ever figure out Matt's schedule.  We he have people working at our  home, coming and going each day.  But, supposedly he is going to be having a new office next month---we will see.

I love being back to work!  I love the ladies I work with, I love my boss, I love the teachers, I love the kids, and I love our new principal.  I just love everything about it!!!


On other news we have a new puppy.  My brother Matthew and family got a pure breed, Gordon Settler all the way from Missouri and after almost a week with their young family they realized it wasn't a good fit. So we have their cute puppy, Gracie.  I should say it is Spencer's dog, but we all love her.  Fozzie our dog of 10 years,  is adjusting slowly, but surely.  Fozzie likes to be inside, but Gracie loves being outside.  She has the sweetest personality and just loves people!!!   She has been a fun addition to our family, but she has certainly changed our routine for the better.    

Things I love:
Sincere heartfelt compliments from coworkers
My job
Spencer's new puppy
Routines
Making raspberry jam with Suzanne (my favorite jam)

No comments: