Tuesday, May 22, 2012

End of the school year.....

 Thursday, May  17th was my last day of working with the children at the school I teach for the 2011-2012 school year.  It was an emotional day.  I have grown to love all of my students and it is so sad to know that next year I won't be working with all of them.  Most of my kids wrote me some cute little notes thanking me.   Here are just a few of them for me to treasure. 

Above are some of the teachers and staff I have the pleasure to associate with. Our Principal is leaving this year.  I am truly going to miss his calm demeanor, kind spirit, and smile he gives all.  I truly admire him and how he goes about his life.  Two year ago he got in a horrific car accident that left him in a coma for months.  There was a HUGE concern that he might not ever wake up from his coma or that he would have brain damage.  He rose above all odds and 6 months after the accident he came back to school a better man.    It was truly a miracle. 




I thought it was so cute that this student gave me a game to work on.


A very bad picture of some of the kids I work with, but the best I have to remember them since I can't take personal pictures of the students.


I am going to miss each student and I hope I get to work with some of them again next year.  We are a Title One school so there is a chance we might lose our funding.  Working with the students is such a rewarding job that has blessed my life.  I also work with some amazing ladies.  It is amazing how close we have come and how many of them feel like a sweet sister to me!!!!!!