Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Boise, Mother's Day, NJHS, and Fij

On Friday, May 11th, my sister in law Suzanne and I headed to Boise for Jessica and John's wedding reception.  We wanted to show them support and be there for the festivities.   As I was packing my bag to go there,  I realized it was the 4th weekend in a row that I was going out of town.  It has been a little busy.   The drive to Boise was super fast.  Suzanne and I just visited the whole time and  we both couldn't believe that 6 hours went by that fast!!!!

John and Annette had the reception catered at the building my brother Matthew and John own.  It is such a historic building and so beautiful.  And the food was so yummy.

Steven and Mason entertained us for a lot of the evening.  They are two great young men.  
The receiving line

They had a lot of friends and family come for the celebration.  I am so glad that we went and were able to help them out.  On Saturday morning we had a brunch at John and Annette's home  and the newlyweds opened their wedding presents.  We helped them with this and then we drove home and got home fairly early in the evening.  And I was excited to realize I wouldn't be going out of town for a few weeks, but Matt was.

On Mother's Day we missed Spencer.  It was good to get an email from him.  He has enjoyed his time in Fiji.   Coby came over and the kids made me a very nice dinner.  They are becoming quite good cooks.   At church during Young Women's all the mother's were invited with their daughters.  Brenda gave a beautiful lesson on competition, being good enough and becoming a queen.  It was a very sweet meeting.  Each of the girls went up and said something to honor their mother.   The spirit was so strong as it always is when love is expressed.  Kara was very sweet to me with her words and I am so grateful she is my daughter. 

Writing in my Mother's Day card in front of me.

Above Spencer with some of the girls he is in the program with.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Spencer's letters/ blog/emails.  It is amazing how some one can grow so fast when exposed to different things and serving others less fortunate.  I am proud of him and the decision he has made of sacrifice.  His blog is http://alittleoffthebeatenpath.blogspot.com/  He doesn't have any of the modern electronics there so he isn't able to get online much, but I have enjoyed what he has written thus far.  
Kara is the treasurer for the National Junior Honors Society and on Tuesday, May  15th it was the Induction Ceremony for the upcoming 9th graders.  Kara was asked along with the rest of the officers to give a talk.  She spoke on  Leadership. 

Tonight is her schools last choir concert.  Kara is the choir president and she received 139 dollars in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies from her peers to purchase a thank you gift for the pianist.  We have been going from store to store buying gift cards with the coins.  Boy, has it been interesting.    Tonight at the concert Kara is singing a solo/duet with Tom.  Hopefully I will be able to record it well enough  so that it sounds good.