Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekend Happenings!!!



I  never really blog about my calling, but thought I would  mention it today. We had a fun Beehive activity (honestly, they are all fun),.   I just thought this was the cutest activity .  Kara's best friend Megan came to teach the girls how to make a duct tape bag for their scriptures. Megan made one for Kara for her birthday and I LOVED it. Megan agreed to teach our Beehives how to make them and Liz and I got to make one too.  

The girls loved them and had plans to go home and make more of them  too. Liz and I thought the same thing. 

I  love working with Liz.  She is the greatest adviser ever.  When I found out I was going to be working with the Stake President's wife I was kind of intimated, but I had no reason to be.  She is one of the most down to earth, fun people ever.  I have learned so much for her.  She is always willing to help and always goes the extra mile. She makes my calling so easy.  I love working with the Beehives.  I love serving in Young Women's; it is  my favorite place to be.  I also love that I get to be around Matt. He is the Young Men's president and it is fun to go to mutual with him.  It is the first time we have ever worked in similar organizations with each other. 

I thought General conference was amazing.  There were so many talks I needed to hear.  The talks I needed to hear the most were: President Eyring's, Elder Holland's,  President Uchtdorf's and President Monson's.  I have a lot of work to do, luckily I am taking it all in bite size pieces and focusing on just one principle at a time.  


Pictures from General Conference at our home. 

Matt in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast.  He is always so helpful . 


Jessica and John came on Sunday and it was fun to have them come over  to watch conference and to have them over for dinner. I am so excited for their wedding in a little more than a month.  Kara and Layla are both singing solo's for their wedding reception.  Spencer's best friend Tayler came over too.  She is over all the time.  I love that girl. 
What is it about laptops during conference?  Spencer was on twitter  and kept telling us what articles kept being mentioned from conference.  


Kara and I always have girls night out when the boys go to the Priesthood session at General Conference.  This  year was no exception.  We usually go shopping and out to dinner, but his year we decided we would go and see a movie.  It is a little bit cheaper and it was fun. 

Here are some of the decorations we put up for Easter.  Last year I didn't take pictures and I could barely remember where I put anything.  This year I am recording it. 



Karen Williams sent me these beautiful flowers last week.  It sure brightened my week.  It was  kind of a bad week.  I usually don't have many bad weeks, but last week was one.  This week has been a ton better.  

This year for Easter we are going to my brother Matthew and families home.  It is always fun to get together with family and we haven't been able to do it as much since my brothers families are so busy.    Sadly,  my sister in law Miriah had a bit of an accident.  She was jogging last week very early in the morning and it was completely dark. Someone had taken off the man hole at the high school she and her friend were jogging at. She fell in and broke several ribs that lacerated her liver. They thought they were gong to have to do surgery, but her living is improving.  She is a strong woman and didn't even take pain medication.  I went over and visited her and brought dinner; she is such a trooper. She has five young children so she has  had her hands full.  I am hoping she will let me take the children for her for a day or two, but she just might not let me.  

We have spring break starting today. I am glad for the break in school.  The children at my school have been more antsy then ever. I hope the break will do them so good and me too.  We have some fun things planned this week too.   I am grateful it is Spring; it is one of my favorite seasons.  I love watching the rebirth of  so  many things.   It has been very interesting lately having a bunch of men work in my home.  You see Matt's new company don't have a office yet so they are all working HERE!!!!  I love having Matt working from home, but it is just a tad strange to have some additional men working every day.  They are great guys, but it has changed the dynamics of our home.  It also makes it so our internet barely works since there are several computers running all day.  It keeps crashing the system at home.  They will be working here at least another 5 to 6 months.  I am sure Matt will be grateful when he gets to work at a office again and I might be a little happy too. :) 
We change our wreath every quarter.  It takes a huge ladder, but Matt was ready to do it.  I was so happy. I actually put up my summer wreath so he doesn't have to do it for six months.  I love the bright yellow. 

Last week a group of sisters from  my ward  and I were asked to sing at our stake Relief Society  Birthday dinner/program.  It was fun to work with them and boy did we practice. It is the most I have practiced for one song.  It was fun and it was a very nice dinner and program.    I hope y'all have a very Happy Easter.