Saturday, April 28, 2012

25th Anniversary Weekend get away

For our anniversary Matt planned everything.   He reserved a cabin at the Alaskan Inn.  We have stayed there before for a get away and  loved it.  We weren't disappointed this time at all. It is up Ogden Canyon and it is so breathtaking up there!
Pictures of the quaint cabins.
 
We drove to Odgen in the morning.  Matt's dad called to wish us a Happy Anniversary.  Darrel said that Kathleen told him to call.  Thanks to my mom in law too!!!

Our first stop was lunch at the Junction.  This is where the new Larry H. Miller theater is. Matt wanted to take me to see  the new Nicolas Sparks movie, "The Lucky One."    I of course enjoyed it.  I love Nicolas Sparks.  I don't think Matt enjoyed it as much as I but he is always such a good sport and will take me to any movie I want to see,; chick flick or not. After the movie we went to check out our beautiful room.


Later that evening we had dinner at the Timbermine restaurant.  It was delicious!!!!!!!   

I got the crab legs and steak.  It was very reasonable priced too!
Matt had the Prime Rib.
On Saturday morning they bring you breakfast in bed.  They also leave cookies in your room and sparkling cider.  Yummy!!!!!    They bring you breakfast in bed and it is yummy!!

After leaving the Alaskan Inn Matt took me to see the Tulip Festival.  It was absolutely beautiful!!!!!  He knew I would love and I couldn't be any happier!!!  I love color!!!!!!  I am so grateful we live in a colorful world.  

Below are pictures of our adventure there!!!





This one is my favorite!!

They had some entertainment.  FUN!!!! 
Forget-me-not!!!!  I can't look at these and not think of President Uctdorf's talk about them!!!!! One of my favorite talks by the way!!!! :)








After looking at the Tulip Festival we went to The Harvest Restaurant!!  This had the best food!!!!  After being inspired by all the beautiful flowers we went and bought some of our own.  Matt also took me shopping for a couple new outfits.  He is so sweet.   Then we went home and planted them and spent time with our kidlets!!!!  

On Sunday, which was our actual wedding anniversary Coby came over and all of the kids made us a wonderful meal.  Thank you very much!!!!  I am so grateful for the life Matt and I have together.  I love my man, my family and I grateful beyond measure how much the Lord has blessed me.