Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Random Things


Kara got asked to sing in church on the 15th.  We have fast Sunday this Sunday so we are doing an Easter program the following week.  The bishop approved this song; she is happy.  Kara has been busy preparing for several events and I just  love to hear her practice and sing.  If you want to hear the song, just listen to this link.  http://mormonsoprano.com/2009/07/28/gethsemane-song/

So last night around three in the morning 4/6 there was an ear piercing siren that went off at our home.  It woke everyone up, but everyone else went back to bed except for Matt and I..  We couldn't figure out if someone tried to break in our home or what the noise could be.  I will admit I was really super duper scared, I think Matt might have been for a moment too.  We finally checked the whole house, with Spencer's help and went to bed.  But sleep wouldn't come since we were so wide awake.  We both finally fell asleep until again at 4:30 the same sound started, but this time it wouldn't stop. Our fire alarm had malfunctioned and every fire alarm in the home was going off, and two of them were talking saying fire, fire.  This time we couldn't even turn it off.  I have always wondered if we would wake up when our fire alarms go off and now I can definitely say  100%  that we would all be up. They are terrifyingly loud.  Everyone was in the hall way within 15 seconds of the alarms going off. There was no fire, in case you weren't sure.  It just malfunctioned.  It took us several LONG minutes for us to figure out how to get it off and then we had to individually turn each one off.  WOW!!!!!!!  I tried to convince the kids we were having a fire drill, but they knew I was full of it.

I have been missing my brother Jared so much, his wife and 4 children.  I really dislike that my baby brother lives all the way in Indiana.  I really miss him. This is the last picture I had taken with him and it has been way too long. I have been trying to go and see him this summer, but flights have been so expensive!!!! But I will go soon because I need a Jared fix.


Kara has finally decided which high school she is going to.  She is in the process of registering right now.  She is going to BINGHAM!!!!!   She went and tried out for one of the choirs at Bingham.  Apparently, it is pretty hard to get into them.  The try out was hard.  They tested her musical theory, had her sing a random solo a cappella and then she had to come with a prepared solo too.  So it was hard, but she made it into the Cantatrice choir. Many of her friends didn't get into any of them so she was feeling pretty sad for them. But she is grateful to get in one of the top choirs as a freshman.  It is a huge school.  I believe they are around 2500 students in the entire school. WOW!!!!!

Easter was wonderful, but I will write about it next time or this post will be WAY too long!!!!