Friday, April 30, 2010

BYU Women's Conference 4-28-4-30

I love BYU Women's Conference. The first year I went was in 1987 when I was a student there and I have been trying to go ever year since, but have missed many~Darn! There are so many things I love about Women's Conference ~~~I love staying at the dorms (reminds me of when I was a student there I love the classes, hanging out with amazing women who believe in the gospel and are trying to do the best they can, I love running into old friends I haven't seen in years, I love eating yummy food, and most of all I love getting my spiritual battery refilled and being filled with gratitude for all of the blessings I have been blessed with!

Above the women gathered to hear the speaker in the Marriot Center. I love living in UT and I am grateful to Matt for keeping everything running at home while I am gone and always being willing to support me and encourage me to take a break!

Favorite Quotes from Women's Conference:
"The Golden Rule is more about being understood as we really want to be understood." Sister Rasband.

"Social media is best when it causes us to do something real -- to pray, to create to write to serve. It's wasted when it causes us to do useless worrying or guilting ourselves, complaining, reading dumb information when it doesn't benefit us, our families, our neighbors, our talents and so on. ... I have to remember to do good, and not just think about it or read about it." Lisa Clark

"Saying yes to someone else often can mean you'll be saying no to your children," Bonnie Anderson

"The nice thing about being imperfect is the joy it brings to others." Erin Meeker

"The swing shift is the most important shift as mothers. Make sure you are not working all three shifts." Sister Beck

When reading the Book of Mormon pose these 3 questions in your scriptures:
1. Who Am I? 2. What are my Responsibilities in the House of Israel? 3. How do I fill my Responsibilities in the House of Israel? Write answers in the blank pages in the B of M. Sister Beck

"Computers are a wonderful tool, but called the web for a reason. Go with a purpose to the internet and the leave when done and leave promptly." Charolette Winder

"When is the last time that you squealed with delight that you received the sacrament?" Sandy Nicols

"The Lord wants us all to return to Him, but not in a straight line."Renata Forste

"Never forget for one instant who you serve, you serve the Lord." Elder Oaks

"No one is any better than you, and you are not a ny better than any one else." Anna Quindlen