Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our 23rd anniversary and 23 random things you may or may not know about Matt!


"The Roof Restuarant" 4-23-10
(While we were here all the children got together
to hang out and play laser tag!!~ Now that makes me
happy)

Matt and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary together on Thursday, April 22nd. We went out twice. One night in Sandy to a Chinese restaurant and then downtown SLC. I thought I would share with you 23 things that you might not know about Matt that make me love and adore him!

1. If I really like something than Matt thinks getting two of them are even better. (I don't just get one dozen roses I get two and then I also get another bouquet of flowers too.

2. I have to be careful what I mention to Matt because he might just buy it for me or do something for me. (i.e. mention I want a laundry room upstairs and all of the sudden he is tearing down a wall to make one for me. Mention I want a certain car and he bring it home for me to test drive).

3. Matt will defend me at all cost. If anyone is rude to me or speaks rude to me he suddenly becomes like a mother bear and his claws come out very quickly and it can get scary!

4. Matt loves to be bare foot and probably wishes shoes were never invented.

5. He LOVES to be outside and enjoy nature and wishes it was around 75, lightly snowing, or raining all year long.

6. He had over 100 cars before we had been married 16 years. I stopped counting after that. He loves cars with a passion. Right now we have 8 cars and it doesn't even make me bat an eye because that is a good number for us, over ten is when I think we have too many.

7. If he could have a Slurpee every day he would be in heaven.

8. Auto Traders delivered weekly would be a real treat to Matt.

9. He doesn't know how to sleep in past 7 am.

10. He loves to serve the Lord even if that means going to church meetings at 6:30 am every Sunday morning.

11. Matt knows how to work harder than any person I know. He learned this from his parents and I think it is just in his nature too.

12. He tries to use every moment for teaching his children. He wants to help them learn how to be hard workers so that they will be able to provide for their families.

13. He adores his daughter and would do anything to make her feel like the princess she is. I have never seen a father love his daughter more then he does.

14. He hates attention directed at him in public gatherings. This post could embarrass him. But because this blog is private he will be just fine. Trust me!

15. He can fix practically anything and everything and if he can't he will figure out how to do it. He is super smart and has kept our home running so smoothly.

16. His employees think he is the best boss and always let me know how grateful they are to be able to work for him because he is so good at what he does!

17. Matt is so complimentary. He is always noticing the little things. When I clean the bathroom, wash the laundry, changed my hair, my outfit. I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world because I am married to him. Life is good with him.

18. He wants to spend time with me all the time and makes me feel like the most important person in the world. Sometimes I can't figure it out, but why wonder?

19. He is very forgiving even when I don't deserve it and when I am slow to forgive.

20. He is very serious and sometimes I have to help him lighten up and remind him to have fun!

21. He loves the Lord and leads our family in scripture reading each morning at 6:45 and does it well!

22. He always wants to do more and be better for himself, the Lord, and his family.

23. He is an amazing man, one of the best I have ever know and I love him dearly!!!!