Saturday, January 25, 2014

This and that!


 Last Sunday the Seahawks played and won and now they are going to the Superbowl. We hung up Spencer's lucky 12 fan's flag that his grandparents gave him for Christmas. This picture was taken right before Kara went to a stake youth committee meeting. After she came home she put on one of Spencer's Seahawk jersey's It was the first time I have sort of watched a Seahawks game in so long I can't remember. I am not really a big football fan, but Spencer is a HUGE Seahawks fan and he loves them enough for the whole family!

Above is a cute picture of Spencer.  He recently changed jobs and he is so much happier at his new job. He works completely different hours and this job is a similar job that he did before that  seems to be better suited for him.  He is also going to college and so he has kept busy.

Matt was out of town in Wyoming and while he was gone (and everyone else was at work) Kara and I went to see the musical Hairspray. It was done very well.  I love going to plays with Kara. 
 Kara has been super busy working on homework.  She wasn't able to be in a play because we are going to Turkey during the dress rehearsal week so she has been so busy. She recently took the ACT test and has been getting excellent grades.   She has been working on her science fair project and she picked a super hard and expensive project to do.  She is very disciplined and very ambitious.  I barely understand her project; it is so intense. 

Colton asked to work more hours at work and boy has he.  He decided he would take a break from school and Matt and I let him know that he would need to work full time if he made that choice and wanted to live at home. We are so mean.  So he let his work know that and they gave him more hours and they gave him a raise.  He was very excited, until he had to work a twelve hour day doing drive thru; that is no fun! 

 I have worked a ton of over time.  Way. Too. Much.  Working so much has made my brain crazy and on overload.  Luckily, I get paid overtime so the extra money has been great for saving for Turkey.

I was about to have surgery, but as I was scheduling it they told me I couldn't fly for 6 weeks after I had the surgery, so I am going to have to wait until after my trip to Turkey. It is totally good because I HATE surgery. I hate feeling awful and the thought of working and feeling that awful does not sound that good.

Kara has wrote our ward's stake roadshow play.  It is this Wednesday and I am so excited to see it.

I am grateful that this month hasn't been too cold, I am grateful to work with one of my best friends--Brittany (we worked at the elementary school together for three years) and I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to sit by Melinda for so long at work.  She has become one of closest friends!  I am grateful I get to work with my brothers and see them everyday.  I was so grateful for the fun little surprise package I got in the mail for Sheryl this week.  She is always so thoughtful and she brightened my day! 

I am grateful for my four amazing children. For a very supportive husband who constantly is showing me ways he loves and adores me in action and word.  I am grateful for friends and my extended family. I truly am blessed and my cup truly runs over!

No comments: