Saturday, January 4, 2014

Seattle trip

We left for Washington very early on the morning of the 26th.  We wanted to drive to the Seattle area in one day so we had a little more time in Washington.

Often during the Christmas season the pass is completely closed due to so much snow.  We were so grateful that this wasn't the case this year.  We barely saw snow our whole trip and so we were very grateful.  We haven't always been so lucky.  Matt had to drive the whole way.  I was too sick to drive and had taken some heavy duty cough medicine.  We arrived in Seattle late Thursday night. 


The first day there we spent at Matt's parents home. It was fun to visit them and to celebrate  them being married for 50 years.   In the evening  I went to a wedding reception from friends from years ago with Sheryl.  I saw so many of my friends and was able to catch up with some of them.  I loved it.
On Saturday we got up early and drove to see Matt's sister Sharon.  She lives right on the water.  It is beautiful.   After  we met up with everyone there we all drove together to Seattle.  
Sharon was an excellent tour guide.  She knows the ins and outs of Seattle.











First we explored the University of Washington together.  Kara has considered going to this college so we wanted to check it out.  It was a nice day.












We drove all around the Huskies new stadium.  The night before the Huskies had played BYU.  Then we drove down to the Pier.  It is so beautiful and we walked around the water and then we stopped at Ivars for some of their yummy clam chowder.





After a day in Seattle we met Matt's parents at Anthony's restaurant.   We wanted to take them out to dinner for their 50th anniversary.  It had yummy food.

On Sunday we went to church with Matt's parents.   After church we went to see my sister Katie's new home.  It is darling.  It was fun to visit with Tyler and to see cute Abe.   She is such a cute mom and is so good at decorating and doing anything that is domestic.

After that I went and visited my good friend Sara.  She was my Mia Maid adviser in Young Women's and she has been an such a dear friend all of these years.  


Later that evening Matt's parents came and picked us up and then we went for dinner at Matt's sister Melissa's home. We were celebrating Michael's 15th birthday.   Herb and Melissa made some yummy food.  It was so fun to visit with all of their family.









On Monday Matt went and spent time with his parents, we went exploring more around the Seattle area.  We ended up having lunch at Southcenter at the Rain Forest Cafe. It is a cute fun restaurant.
We later drove to meet up and visit with Melissa and say good bye.  Then one of my best friends growing up came over to Sheryl's home with her mom.  It was so good to catch up with her and it was nice to have her mom talk about my mom and memories she had of her.  It always makes me happy when someone shares their memories with me.

Later that evening Sheryl made us a dinner and everyone played card games.  My sister Katie and I just visited. I love talking to Katie and Sheryl.



The next morning we went straight to Sharon's home.  She had made us a yummy breakfast and had some gifts for the boys.  Sharon is the female announcer for the last 10 years at all Sea hawk games.  So she had some fun gifts for everyone.  She is such a sweet heart.   We left after that and drove to Boise.   We first stopped and visited Matt's grandpa.  We weren't able to see him during our last trip.  It was great to see him.  He is amazing man and a great example of living life to the fullest.
After we left his home we drove to my brother John's home.  My brother Matthew and family were also there so we enjoyed sharing New Year's Eve together.  It was fun to catch up with everyone.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.
My niece Mikayl looking beautiful after just getting out of bed.  We got up early and left to come home.  It was a very short quick trip, but we were able to fit a lot in.   I was sad that we weren't able to go through Portland so I could have seen my aunts and my Grandma.   I miss them. :)
We arrived back home and unpacked and prepared to have to go to work the next morning.  I am grateful for all of our family and how kind they were to roll out the red carpet for us.  Thank you very much!  We love you all very much!

No comments: