Sunday, July 14, 2013

Memories and Happy 50th anniversary

While Jared and Lindsey stayed with us we looked at photos of my mom. One of their daughters resembles her so much it is unexpected. It was fun to look at the pictures of my mom and dad and reminiscence. Jared was 6 when my mom died so his memories of her are vague.  It is both happy and sad to talk about our parents.  It is emotional, but I always feel the spirit strong when we do.  Lindsey and I went through a few pictures and below are some of our favorites. 

On another note,  I am actually trying to figure out what to do with all of the missionaries letters my mom and dad wrote during  his mission.  The handwriting is very difficult to read and I feel like it is personal.  Any ideas what I should do?

My mom somewhere between 15-18 







My niece who looks like my mom.  I know they don't care for their children's pictures on the internet, but since my blog is only read by family and a few friends I thought it would be okay!  


 My mom on the 2nd row to the bottom, 2nd one on the the right with her head tilted

(My mom on the bottom left corner)

In all of these pictures we could really see a resemblance to my mom.  It is amazing how genetics works. 

Last month my parents would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  I thought of them most of the day on 6-21 and I  felt grateful for their influence in my life. I don't know how it works in heaven, but I hope they knew how grateful we are that they got together!  


No comments: