Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spencer turns 19!

On May 1st Spencer turned 19. Unfortunately, for him it was also reading days for finals week so he wanted to celebrate most of his birthday on Saturday. But I knew if I asked him if he wanted to got out for breakfast on his birthday he wouldn't turn me down so we went to Ihop--just the two of us and I would have taken pictures, but frankly he is just not that into pictures and the only reason I have these pictures is because Lindsay was there and he will do pretty much anything if she is around (thank you Lindsay)!! :) Then we headed over to Costco quickly to get the meat he wanted for his dinner and then he went home to study for his finals. He still had three finals and had finished one. I went home and quickly made a birthday cake for him and he had two of his friends stop by and drop off some goodies and his girlfriend called to wish him a happy birthday too. Then I went to Kara's school (where sometimes I think I visit a lot) to help and also so he had quiet time to study. Then later that night we came home and Spencer, Lindsay, Matt, and I went and saw Wolverine! I LOVED it. We didn't go and see it at the same showing as Lindsay and Spencer wanted to see it alone but we did go drive together. Lindsay gave Spencer her presents and he was pretty happy about that. Then after we came home Lindsay, Spencer and I wanted to watch another X men movie (it got us on a roll and Lindsay had never seen them before). Matt fell asleep so he didn't get to enjoy them all. On Saturday we had our birthday dinner for Spencer and then Lindsay joined us for birthday cake and presents which consisted of money--kind of boring in my opinion. Spencer got two birthday cakes the one I made on Friday and then an ice cream birthday cake on Saturday.

I am grateful Spencer was born in our family. He has brought me a lot of joy. On Monday night we had our family night about him. I talked about when he was born and talked about the cute things he did when he was born and then everyone talked about what they liked about him. It is always a lot of fun to do that. I got hersey kisses and whenever anyone said something they loved about him I threw a kiss to them and then Spencer got a kiss too. Spencer has been throwing me kisses each day since he has been born and some really crazy curve balls too! :) I sure love you Spencer and I am glad you are my son!