Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why is the end of the school year so crazy?

Kara recently did a poetry unit for her class. She worked really
hard on it and did all kinds of poems (some I had never heard of). She
did illustrations for it and then there class did a reading of their poems for
all of the parents that could come for the reading of it.
The day I got my hair cut and colored. Why can't I ever
get it to look that good on my own. (Kara wanted to take pictures and Matt was out of town in CA for the week. Oh and I am in my PJ ready for bed and it still looked that good after almost the whole day; which never happens when I do my hair)!
Here is Kara and and the group, "Up with Kids" performing
"Enchanted" Kara had to changed her costume four times. There
were 96 people in the play and they did a marvelous job.




Elder Kimmel (one of our favorite missionaries. He is the one on the left) was in the
area for a baptism and he decided to come and visit us. What a
treat and while he was here I took a picture so I could send his mom
a copy too.
In the background is Spencer talking to Lindsay
who happens to work at one of the kiosks that is right by the piano
recital.
And here is Kara and all of the piano students of her teacher before the recital
at our local mall. It was a lot of fun and they all did well. You would think
we only had one child by the look of the pictures, but the rest are just camera shy.

Spencer just finished finals and is about to start classes again. He also shaved and got a hair cut in hopes of finding a job. Classes are supposed to start for him this week. We have been remodeling our master bathroom which has been fun, but it is close to being finished. Hooray!
The temple celebration is coming to a close. It has made things very busy, but it has been so rewarding to work on. Colton and I went to a wonderful practice yesterday at the conference center. Kara had a full dress rehearsal yesterday too for the dance portion. Colton is going to be working at the cub day camp and is really excited. He will be working in the super hero camp and we have been driving him all over the valley to take him to his meetings for it. Last Saturday I ran into one of the missionaries we had in our ward for 10 months, Elder Peters. It was great to see him. What are the chances of that? He will be going home in a month.
On Mother's Day we talked to Coby and it was so great to hear his voice. He sounds so good and so busy and happy. Well, until next time.....