Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just wanted to let you know.....

I just wanted to let you know about a wonderful book that I recently read that I am certain you will LOVE!!! And it just so happens to be from a former member of our ward and one of my favorite bishops I have ever had. He recently wrote a book called, "Sliding into the Millennium." I finished reading it and it has been one of my favorite reads. I loved the book because it really made me think and it inspired me and has caused me to ponder my life and re-prioritize my goals and direction. I love any book that makes me think long after I finish it. One of the things that I loved the most about the book is that it was written with characters that were that served in the bishopric of this former bishop, Jerry Hirst. For example he has the characters Doug/Janet/ Bob/Alice and James/Angie who were members of the bishopric along with their wives. It was really cool to read and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. There are two ways to purchase the book.

One way to purchase it is to buy it off the Internet as an e-book for only $3.20 (it is listed as $3.99, but to get 20% you need to enter the discount code listed below in the red) and also you will save trees in doing so! :) To get it this way go to his web page at www. jerryhirst.com and then put in the discount code VJCbc20 to get 20% off. Then you can either download it to your computer or put it on your hand held device. Or if you prefer to get a tangible copy you can get it through Lulu and have it sent directly to your door by going to http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/sliding-into-the-millennium/7182796 It is $11.42 through Lulu. I know you won't be disappointed when you read it. Let me know what you think or let Jerry know. Happy Reading! OK, for some reason the links aren't working that well no matter what I do so maybe you could just cut and paste them? Sorry. I will keep working on them, but if they still don't work if you could just try that instead! Thanks!