Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kara is going to the State Science Fair at BYU!!

This is a picture Matt took of us, as we waited for the results of Kara's science fair results. Can you see how tired we look? If you notice the red on my nose, well it really is red from all of the blowing of my nose that day, not a pretty picture. Colton is sitting off to the side reading a book waiting patiently and Spencer was out on a double date.

Here is a picture of Kara after receiving her award. There was less than 300 science fair projects and they were picking 120 winners to go on to BYU for the the state (or was it called Central State; I don't know) competition. It was a very crowded event and it was a lot of fun to see all of the other science fair projects others had done. One thing that was really cool is that Edgemont Elementary will be represented well at BYU because there are three going out of the seven that made it to district. And the other two are both in Kara's class---Sydney, and Olivia, which is way cool! They were some really cool projects that I learned a lot from; one thing is for sure that there is very talented students in the Jordan school district. We got there for her interview at 5:15 PM and then they announced the winners at 7:30 p.m. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner to celebrate!

Here is a picture of my Valentine roses and the flowers next to it are Kara's. Every Valentine's day Matt gives Kara flowers too, a very sweet tradition. Kara had this cold this week and I unfortunately caught it too. So I was pretty under the weather on Valentine's day so we didn't do our planned activities. But it was still a fun day; I just hope I get better very soon. And now tomorrow is Matt's birthday---PARTY!!!