Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Celebrating Matt's birthday!!!

Here are some of the pictures the day of Matt's birthday. He had such a busy week the week before that he wanted to relax and also be able to work in the garage. The picture above is of Matt talking to his sister Melissa who called. We are so excited because it is looking like she and her family will be here to visit during their spring break.
The plate above is the requested food that Matt wanted for his birthday dinner and yes, I am totally aware that it has no vegetables besides the potatoes (if you count them as veggie's), but hey I just aim to please on birthdays.
Spencer and Kara getting ready to eat. Colton also getting ready to eat except he had helped make the dinner. Monday night is his night to help make dinner and he was a super big help. He is becoming quite the cook. He also made his dad breakfast in bed (bacon, eggs, toast, orange juice) and it was all his idea. I unfortunately didnt' get that picture--wasn't thinking that early in the morning.
Matt getting very excited to open his presents.
Kara made her dad a book full of poems and pictures and in this picture he is reading it with her. It was such a treasure to him.
Matt's favorite cake--chocolate with thick chocolate icing and of course we had peanut butter ice cream too, his other favorite.

And he blew out the cake in one breath. I can't even do that.
Well, I need to go and get packed. I am going out of town for a few days with my girlfriends while Matt is keeping down the fort and I can hardly wait.