Thursday, January 22, 2009

One long sleepless night

The weirdest thing happened last night. I couldn't sleep at all. I was tossing and turning and then I was just barely asleep when I kept hearing my husband's low battery warning beep on his cell phone. So I got up and turned off the phone and thought I would just go right back to sleep. WRONG! My body had other plans as I couldn't get back to sleep EVER. So now I am so tired, but I don't want to go to sleep now or I don't know if I will ever be able to wake up or perhaps I will have trouble going to sleep tonight. My what big worries I have? So now I feel like a zombie seeing the world through a very different perspective and it might just be a very darn good perspective. For example I should be vacuuming today, (I haven't since Friday) but right now it just doesn't seem that important. Or I should have called or done a myriad of other things, but right now it seems like no big deal. It will all happily wait until tomorrow! Period, end of story, except for our ball room dance class, now I will definitely be there regardless of my zombie state.

But since I am so tired I probably am not making very much sense (I know that is a for sure yes) so perhaps I should stop before I am ahead. Since I last wrote we have been doing a lot of fun things. The highlights was going to the Draper Open House tour. What a beautiful temple and sweet spirit that we felt there. The whole process was so organized and well done. I am so grateful that we will be in this new temple district and I feel such gratitude to be able to live so close to so many temples. After we came home from the open house my friend LeAnn and I went to the Jordan River temple (it was supposed to be a ladies temple night, but ended up just being the two of us) to do a session and it was so crowded. We waited for almost thirty minutes to get in our session. So having this temple will relieve some of the huge crowds in the Jordan temple. I am so grateful for temples and the important truths we learn there so that we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father someday. We are such a blessed people.