Friday, January 30, 2009

Happenings of this week!

Today I was at Colton's school all day for a Leadership conference that the parents put on and it was super. There are some amazing students at his school that are so respectful, and kind. His school needs a lot of help so it is always fun to go and help there. I am grateful that we found such an amazing school for Colton even if it is almost and hour there and back.

Tonight Colton is on a Klondike and it amazes me that my boys have wanted to go to a camp where they sleep in tents and do activities in the winter time. Brrr-it makes me cold just thinking about it. I am glad that they know how to enjoy the cold weather, but I am certainly glad that they don't ask for moms to come and instead request the dads.

This week Matt and I worked at the Draper temple open house. What an amazing day it was. Matt left at 6:30 in the morning and was done at 7:00 PM. I got the kids off to school and then went directly there and got home at 7:30 PM. Thankfully, Spencer was home and picked up Kara and had dinner waiting when we got home as well as peanut butter cookies. Then Colton went and cleaned the temple that night and he thoroughly enjoyed that. I am so grateful that we had this opportunity. I highly doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to work in a temple open house again. I think the thing I liked about it the most was how happy everyone was that came through to see the temple. The little children were so respectful and in awe of this beautiful house of God.

During one of my shifts I was the tour guide on the buses and that was so fun and then during my other shifts I was directing people in to one of the sealing rooms and helping with the presentation. Matt was outside almost the whole day and it was FREEZING. It was snowing off and on throughout the day. So he was quite frozen when he came home. The over whelming feeling in the temple is one of peace and reverence that I work to keep in my home.

This week I also went snow shoeing with LeAnn and Julie. It was so much fun to spend time with them and enjoy the beautiful area. I highly recommend it for everyone.