Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meetings, meetings and more meetings!

Here is just the low down on what is happening this week: On Thursday I went to the dentist since I had a cracked tooth and needed a filling. The tooth was on the bottom and for some reason it hurt more than I planned. It made me think of my mom in law who has had so many issues with her teeth.

I went to Bodyworlds with my friend Diane which was the most fascinating event I have been to in a long time. The human body is so amazing and so well crafted. They showed some very life changing displays regarding smoking, drinking, stages of pregnancy (the baby looked like a complete baby at 8 weeks) etc. I was so fascinated with seeing what muscle looks like and all of the intricate functions of a body that I take for granted each day. After going it really made me want to eat healthy and exercise your body so you can extend your life to be of service to others. I am so grateful for my body and it is getting healthier and healthier thanks to a wonderful doctor who has helped me on my journey. In the last few months I am starting to feel almost like I felt before I had Kara (except for the fact that I am much older) which is truly an amazing blessing. On Friday evening Matt and I went out to see "Bride Wars" for our weekly date and also had fun talking and laughing together.

On Saturday we were able to go to a baptism for a wonderful young woman who is such a special spirit and has bought joy in our life because we know her. I love going to baptism! After that day I cleaned the freezer, and reorganized the pantry and our big cupboards with the help of my husband and children. Spencer actually had to end up painting the pantry because it was so bad.

On Sunday we had my siblings and their family over for our FHE on how much Jesus loves all of his children. The children are sweet and adorable and are such precious spirits of our Heavenly Father and of course their parents are too.

Monday was laundry and cleaning the house day and I also had a meeting that morning. Tuesday, I had another event and had another meeting which was a presidency meeting and then we had an Enrichment Girls night out that was a lot of fun.

Today I just got back from my PTA board meeting and I need to get on the ball regarding the "Take your Family to School Week" in February that I am in charge of during the week of February 8-13th. I am excited for that week; I am also doing the Dad's in the morning on that week too and some other fun activities.

I am really excited because tomorrow I am going to a FREE TOFW (Timeout for women) event at the Salt Palace in SLC. My friend Diane and I are meeting together and Sheri Dew and Wendy Nelson are both speaking and they are broadcasting it so it will be a wonderful day. And in a little bit I need to go to another meeting to plan the 6th grade dance and all of the food, decorations, pictures etc which will also be during the week of the "Take your Family to School Week". It will be a fun event and Kara has been starting to learn dances for it. And speaking of dancing Matt and I start our first Ballroom dancing class next week. We are both excited, but I think I might be just a little more excited then he is! :)