Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day!

I am so grateful for those Veterans that have served our country and made it the safe place it is today. I can't express enough gratitude for the time they gave to their country and the countless times they put themselves in harms way to protect this country. I am so glad that I live in this free country!

This last weekend we had a great stake conference! Our theme was Love one Another. And then our Saturday adult evening meeting was about preparing to go to the temple, particularly the Draper temple which will be having an open house for 54 days. Our stake has the opportunity to participate in helping with the open house. I am so excited for this! That night we also went to the high councilmen and wife dinner. This is I must admit is a time where I realized that I was getting much OLDER! I remember when my parents use to go to these.

On our Sunday morning session every talk was about Loving one another. They talked a lot about forgiveness too. It was all beautifully done and to top it off we had a primary choir that sang beautifully and brought the spirit more strongly through their sweet spirit and music.

We have had a great week and Kara had a sleep over with her friend and it was fun to hear giggling girls. We got to talk to Spencer a lot so that made for a great week and I was able to help at the school with Reflections, feeding the teachers and I made Grandma Przybylski's Chicken noodle soup thanks to Aunt Julie's cook book and it was a big hit. One of my great friends is the PTA president and I am very inspired by her dedication to the school and the countless hours that she serves. She just amazes me.

We had a lot of rain on Monday and it was so nice as it reminded me of home. In our letter from Coby this weekend he mentioned how grateful he was that it wasn't time to come home from his mission yet. His current companion is going home today so I am happy that he is loving his mission so much. I love having a missionary out spreading the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. I need to mail him a package as his bag was ruined, and his shoes are ruined again and he needs a new journal!

No comments: