Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happenings this week!

Colton gave a talk on prayer on Sunday and he did such a great job. It was the best talk he has ever gave and he got so many compliments and I did too for him! Matt was extra busy adding another High council meeting that day so we didn't see much of him. Luckily I didn't have to go and visit people in the ward this Sunday! But we were lucky enough to have our home teachers come over; they are awesome.

Yesterday we were able to have the missionaries over for dinner. Our missionaries cover 22 wards so it is hard to schedule a day with them.

Today, I went to bishop's storehouse to work to help fill Thanksgiving orders for our area. It is amazing to me how organized that place runs. The people that work there are so helpful and made it easy. It just amazes me how efficiently the LDS church runs all of their programs. Right now Matt is at the Jazz game with his friend Jamie sitting in their cozy suite with delicious food.

Tomorrow is our schools Thanksgiving dinner so I get the opportunity to go and help serve and then I also will have a minute to eat dinner/lunch with Kara. Tomorrow is also the Reflections award assemble and Kara got a letter that she is getting an award tomorrow. I was really proud of her because she wrote a song and worked hard.

Tomorrow night I am going with my girlfriends to my first midnight movie Twilight. It should be interesting because I am supposed to go and help Friday at Colton's school, so hopefully I won't be too tired. And Friday is also the day that Spencer comes home for Thanksgiving break. It will be so nice to have him home for over a week; I have missed him so much.

Saturday Kara and I start our 1st day of ski lessons together. It should be fun and she is especially excited.

This Sunday I have the opportunity to go to a missionary (non) homecoming talk. It is a friend of Coby's from high school, and he also happened to be on the same mission as Coby. So it will be so cool to hear about his experiences serving in the same mission. The following Sunday I am going to another non homecoming talk too. Coby's friend Jake is getting home from his mission. I sure have missed Jake and it will be so great to see him.