Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun and Grandma Mackey's 90th birthday





Halloween was great this year. Kara was a 50's girl and she looked so cute. And Colton was a CIA agent at least for our ward's trunk or treat.

One big thing is the fact that today is my Grandma's 90th birthday. My grandma is an amazing person who I love and admire. I am so blessed by having her influence in my life.

The elementary school didn't have school on Halloween so we celebrated it on the 30th. That is the day we had the school parade and all of the Halloween parties. This is my last year having a child at Edgemont elementary school. So my 16 years of watching my children in the parade is coming to an end with I am sure great things in store for the future.
After the parade I put on the Halloween party for Kara's class. I had three moms that came to help and my husband Matt came too. One of the games I picked out was a flop, but the rest were great. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Kara said the funnest game there was the one her dad did. After the party and while her class was at lunch and recess I prepared caramel apples, and put together root beer floats and then we all went home.

Colton didn't have any parties or dress up at his school, but he took it right in stride. This is the first year I didn't take my children trick or treating. Kara went with her friend for the first time without me and Matt and I stayed home (it was our date night) and answered the door and spent time with Colton. I hope you all had a very Happy Halloween.