Sunday, August 25, 2013

This week and other things....

Wow!  What a jammed pack week!  This week started off with going to Layla's soccer game.  She happened to be playing her championship game really close to our home so I was able to go and see it.  She is an awesome soccer player and it was fun to watch her competitive soccer team win. 

 Meli started school this week.  Kara and Meli went to a new school orientation to become more familiar with her schedule.  We went to an Aspect Foundation mandatory meeting.  There they discussed the rules and familiarized the students with the program. I really like her program director, Heather.  She happens to have been Kara's German teacher so it was cool for Kara to go to her home.  Aspect, the organization that Meli is a part of, seems to be really organized and very supportive.  I have already gotten several phone calls for them checking on how things are going and Meli has too.  I also went to a Back to School night with Meli and I was really impressed with her school.  I have a Highland Ram and a Bingham Miner.  Kara went to her first high school football game. 

Meli had her first day of school on Wednesday and she really liked it.  She thinks her classes might be too easy, but we decided to wait  a week or so before changing them. Kara has her first day tomorrow.  I have been so impressed with Meli's attitude about starting everything new.  She is so easy going and has a fun sense of humor and very smart! 




We spent a lot of time going shopping for things for Meli.  On Thursday we went to get Meli some school supplies and other things.  We went out to a sandwich shop and since it was so close to Wal Mart we decided to go there.  I generally don't like this particular Wal Mart, but decided since it was close to AT&T that we should suck it up and go.  BIG. MISTAKE.  To make a long story short, Meli wanted to get some slippers.  She picked out some adorable slippers.  They were soft and fluffy.  She put her feet in them to make sure they fit at the store.  They fit just fine, but when we got home and she was taking out the stuffing often in new shoes, she realized it wasn't stuffing, but a MOUSE!!   Seriously, I have yet to see the mouse, but Kara, Meli and Matt both did and I will take their word for it. I despise mice like I can't even describe.  I couldn't even look at it or it would be forever etched in my mind.  Matt is planning to take pictures of it, but I don't want it on my camera or on my blog or I would be ILL!  Sorry, to be so dramatic, but this is how I feel.  Anyways, I feel horrible that this happened to Meli with her first purchase of slippers/shoes.  She was a good sport about it and wasn't too traumatized.   Spencer has been in contact with the store manager and he has been very helpful, I don't really feel like it is the stores fault, but they have assured us that they have check all of their slippers and there are no mice in them.  We are taking them back, mouse and all tomorrow. 

We took Meli and Kara camping.  The weather unfortunately was a little on the cold side.  We brought our boat up to Bear Lake and Meli said she hadn't been on a boat like that before or for a long time.   We came home a little early because  it was colder and Kara just found out on Tuesday that she had to read a book and do other homework before school started on Monday.  Somehow her English teacher didn't pass out the assigned work last year.  Poor thing. 


 Had to go to La Beau's to get a yummy burger.  Matt and Meli got a grilled cheese.



 Camping, right before it started to rain!


And with other news, Spencer has had a two week work vacation.  Colton has been busy working and attending mission farewells and homecomings.  He has an appointment with this counselor at the dept of Vocation.  He is deciding which program he will do with her this Tuesday and then he will start school.  Both boys don't like me blogging about them much, so I try to respect their wishes, but it is HARD. 

Coby gave a talk in church on Sunday.  I wish I could have been there to hear it.  The subject was Marriage, that makes me wish I could have been there all the more! 



No comments: