Saturday, August 10, 2013

Meli will be here in a week!

In less than a week Meli will be here.  We are so excited to have her here and we already love and adore her.  It has been fun to skype with her and talk to her on the phone!   I get very excited about so many things and I love most parts of life.  I hope that I don't overwhelm her with showing her our home, area and USA.   We have her room almost ready.  Her room is across from Kara's and we picked out a few things that are her favorite colors!  We have been busy getting the room ready for her, registering her in school.  Colton graciously moved in the basement and we think he might like it a little too much.

I have been thinking a lot about Meli's parents and how it must be hard for them to say good bye.   I would certainly struggle with it.   School is about to start in a couple of weeks. It is hard to believe how quick the summer has gone.  Meli actually starts school on August 21st so she will be in school right after she gets here.  Kara doesn't start until the 26th so she isn't far behind.  We are planning to  take Meli to a lot of fun places around our area. Kara and I think we might feel like tourists, because sometimes you don't check out all of the fun places right around your area because you live there.    We will see!


My brother John and family will be here on Tuesday.  My nephew Steven is going to the MTC on Wednesday morning.  It will be so good to see their family and be able to visit with them.

Coby has had an exciting time in Turkey.  He recently had friends visit him and they took a lot of pictures. Most of those pictures were from my blog post dated on 8/4.   I love pictures; it doesn't make him seem as far away.




No comments: